_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Spain & New York :-(
kevinekstrom
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 82 Posts
KitMaker Network: 57 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 04, 2020 - 08:49 AM UTC
Spain announced the decision to let those over 80 and the extremely critical cases die at home. 10,000 reported dead in Spain as of now.

New York excepts to peak in the next 7 days. The numbers there are also grim. The USA was not prepared and slow to respond. We expect to see other hot spots pop up all over the map. We have as of today over 300, 000 reported cases and last count was 8200 dead. World wide over 1 million infected 60,000 plus dead and we haven't peaked. Very grim numbers indeed.
Klaus-Adler
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,505 Posts
KitMaker Network: 70 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 04, 2020 - 09:04 AM UTC
here in the UK my sister has several friends who are junior doctors and they are scared that the hospital they work at can't cope.

the health minister had openly said that doctors are going to have to make some "tough" choices with regards to who they can save and who they can't.

so if you don't want to be a casualty then do what Samuel L Jackson says: "Stay the F**k at Home".

Thousands of people are dying from this virus everyday, if that isn't a wake up call, then I don't know what is.
Removed by original poster on 04/04/20 - 23:40:23 (GMT).
This post was removed.
This post was removed.
ryally
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
entire network: 879 Posts
KitMaker Network: 69 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 04, 2020 - 04:54 PM UTC
I am sorry but I don't think New York is going to peak in 7 days. If anything like Australia was they are nowhere near the peak. I also think Australia was well on it before the U.S. I was watching the news and seeing The American President speaking saying the (3 weeks rubbish) when Australia was doing sh#t quickly. I was saying while watching the news "What the F is he thinking".

I don't do politics just so you know!!! I was just watching the news and saying...…...I hope those Americans are going to be okay. Stay safe people! For that matter the rest of the world. I am really worry about the 3rd world countries and how it is going to impact on them.
Scarred
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,792 Posts
KitMaker Network: 482 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 04, 2020 - 05:33 PM UTC
No. It's going to get worse for New York. Not to mention there are still 8 or 9 states that haven't issued stay at home orders. Stupid leaders leading stupid people. They say it's up to personal responsibility but unless you order people to stay at home people won't.
This post was removed.
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberDirector of Member Services
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 6,693 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,042 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 04, 2020 - 09:36 PM UTC
In some countries asking people to stay at home works, in some others it doesn't (witness reports from the UK, Ireland, US et.c.).
In Sweden the suggestion to stay home and keep your distance is mostly obeyed but there have been cases where relatives have "forced" their way into nursing homes to visit their elderly relatives, completely disregarding the recommendation to keep elderly as isolated/protected as possibly. People may think that they are free from the virus because they do not have symptoms but testing inicates that 50% of the infected can be without symptoms and still be able to spread the virus.
Any comment from any poster must be seen in the context of the posters own country.

This thread may get locked down so please keep it civil
/ Robin
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 06, 2020 - 11:50 AM UTC
We have had 8 deaths in Utah, though there are many more sick right now. Over the course of the last two months I have been following traffic fatalities and they are outpacing COVID by a significant amount. Thanks to Narcan, every shift I hear 3 or 4 overdoses that are reversed. When the pandemic is over, I am really hoping people will throw the same effort and attention to some of the other issues that plague our society.
 _GOTOTOP