_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
When time dissappears
jonasaberg
Visit this Community
Vaasa, Finland
entire network: 66 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 03:05 AM UTC
Have you ever experienced this phenomenon when you´re building models?
You sit at your desk, gluing bits together, painting, sanding, you look at the clock and it´s 3AM, you haven´t eaten in six hours and you just want to build more.
It´s like the bermuda triangle of model building or something. Time certainly does fly when you´re having fun
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 03:17 AM UTC
One night i couldn't sleep..... went to build......next thing i know the other half comes in telling me my alarm is going off!!!!!!
sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,315 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 03:45 AM UTC
Hi, Personally speaking I think that this is just a good sign that you really enjoy what you happen to be doing at the time. All your concentration is on something that gives you great joy and satisfaction to experience in life. To me, this is most definitely a good thing. Shows you're using your free time for something constructive and making something that you can say, "Hey, I built that." Whether it matches up to an award winning show piece, or something that you have no intention of showing to anybody else, other than maybe an occasional friend or family member IT IS something that you created for your own satisfaction of creating something out of many different types of pieces to make a meaningful whole. And it sure beat the H--- out of sitting in front of the Idiot Box in the living room, wasting your life away like to many folks seem to do in today's world.

Be pleased, be very pleased with yourself.

Take caer, Sgirty
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 04:26 AM UTC
Yeah, I find myself doing that way too often, esp. on nights when I have to get up at 5 am and go to work. It is either that or some other mindless drivel, so I guess it is okay.
Shaun
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 05:40 AM UTC
must be a rip in the fabric of time, may be steven hawkins can help :-) :-) :-)
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 2,058 Posts
KitMaker Network: 787 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 05:38 PM UTC
5 disc CD changer, 10-15 songs per disc, repeated twice...familiar anyone?
wampum
Visit this Community
Tekirdag, Turkey / Türkçe
entire network: 3,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 389 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 - 03:30 AM UTC
I understand that you're not married! :-) When you will be, be sure you'll be called for men's duty. And when you'll reach older you will find yourself again at workbench till morning!!

P:S: Hope it was not a foolish joke..
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2004 - 05:40 PM UTC
This was happening to me in all my early years . i sat and said 5 minutes mom i ll just paint this arm and next time i remembered was with 13 figures painted !!!!!
But as Wampam wisely said , i dont think that u r married . Now i sit to paint and after the 2-3 touches i hear a lil finger on the window and my 15 months daughter demands a joyride. And this happens all hours of my home presence so ......when comes to night and finally lil one falls to sleep , the big one says "come on now , again with this models , come to keep me some company" and there goes the second chance for modelling ...so as a university Physics guy that i am i adopt the theory about "relativity of time " and time's black holes..so i ll have to grab every chance i got there to model....
day had 56 hours maybe i had some more chance ....

Augie
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 711 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 16, 2004 - 05:36 AM UTC
The time warp happens to me all the time. I always seem to end up doing "just one more thing" and before I know it I've missed whatever else I wanted to get done!
 _GOTOTOP