_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
plastic supplies ?
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,352 Posts
KitMaker Network: 571 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 10:31 AM UTC
anybody know of some more addresses to some more places beside plastruct to where you can buy supplies for scratch building.
Thank you in advance.

Straightedge
animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 11:22 AM UTC
http://www.greatmodels.com/ They carry a complete supply of all their products. Go to the search bar on the left side of the start page and type in evergreen and this will take you to where all listings are for the plastic stock.
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 10:15 PM UTC
Thank you very much Animal, this is what I'm looking for is places to bookmark so I have different options from different manufacturers, to buy big or small, and this place might have a little insight incase I have questions.
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 2,058 Posts
KitMaker Network: 787 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 05:51 PM UTC
"Walthers.com" has a whole buttload of building and scratchbuilding supplies as well as tools and glues and adhesives, painting/airbrush supplies, decals, scale lumber, etc.
It's geared towards railroaders, but, not nearly limited to them!
Check it out!
Cuhail
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 11:24 PM UTC
I appreciate the thought Cuhail, but Walthers is mighty proud of their plastic. It seems as though only plastruct, and evergreen are the 2 major ones for plastic supplies, but they also can cost quite a bit if you want to buy any amount, but I was able to find a supplier of sheet styrene that is a little bit more reasonable if anybody is interested.
Their name is United States Plastic Corp. in Lima, Oh., and for a sample of their prices, to which they only sell in sheets of 40"x72" which is 2,880 sq. inches for $ 4.57 for the .020 thick styrene sheet
Now Evergreens price is $ 2.49 for 216 sq. inches you get 3 - 6 x 12 sheets.
Now they do have thicknesses up to .187 that go for $ 71.66, the more plastic the more money, but they do have discounts of 5 sheets 5%, and 10 sheets 10%, and 30 sheets 15% off, but compared to evergreen, that is twice the price for 13 times the styrene on the .020 thickness one.
Something to think about if you are going to buy some sheet styrene, it sure got my attention. Hope this can help someone back.
gkicsak
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
entire network: 50 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 07:49 PM UTC
Try:

http://www.luckymodel.com

Cheers,
Gabe
 _GOTOTOP