_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
How to share my hobby on the internet
Lada_Niva
Visit this Community
Drenthe, Netherlands
entire network: 177 Posts
KitMaker Network: 77 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 17, 2020 - 06:15 AM UTC
Hello everyone,

After some time I'm active again on the network.
But that is not the actual topic off this topic.
I want to ask what you guys think is the best way to share my modelling hobby outside off the general platforms.
And what I mean by that is, this network, Reddit and Axis History Forum.
I've been thinking about this for a long time.
But there was also something holding me back.
For blogging it was the expectations to get a nice audience to reach. And that there was no activity in a short amount off time. Or that it seemed nothing was happening with my articles I posted.
With making video's it was my privacy and safety.
Because I'm not confident in sharing any off my personal information, such as my voice or face.
But I'm still having and keeping that thought off wanting to share my hobby on the internet in general. And to reach new people and to show to my area what I'm doing.
I need some help off you.
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 2,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 134 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 17, 2020 - 06:26 AM UTC
I primarily post builds to the sites I belong to. I host images on Imgur, as well as to my Google Drive. The imgur posts I can make public once I am done uploading photos to a particular build.

I am considering starting video uploads but need to get a good camera and mike first. Privacy is pretty much done for these days so I don't worry much about it.
Lada_Niva
Visit this Community
Drenthe, Netherlands
Posted: Monday, February 17, 2020 - 06:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I primarily post builds to the sites I belong to. I host images on Imgur, as well as to my Google Drive. The imgur posts I can make public once I am done uploading photos to a particular build.

I am considering starting video uploads but need to get a good camera and mike first. Privacy is pretty much done for these days so I don't worry much about it.

Interesting to read about this.
Why are you thinking that privacy is mostly done these days?
There are a lot off alternatives to the services that don't respect your privacy out there.
But back to topic, you are considering making video's with recording voice and face?
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 2,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 134 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 17, 2020 - 08:44 AM UTC
I used to work in IT; even with the best of security there are avenues of entry to those determined to gain it. Everything we do digitally is recorded and tracked by someone and it is actually possible to build a picture of someone through seemingly unrelated material. Fortunately, most of us have nothing bad people really want so we don't get harassed.

And as for the videos, I am not worried about people seeing my ugly mug; there are plenty of YouTubers with modeling channels. I started watching such videos when I discovered Andy's Hobby Headquarters a few years back. Unless there is someone who has an agenda against you and who might be looking to cause you trouble, you should be pretty safe. My 13yo daughter has her own channel and to date no one has given her any problems. But then her content is pretty mundane and would only interest her friends; the general public would likely pass on viewing it.
Lada_Niva
Visit this Community
Drenthe, Netherlands
Posted: Tuesday, February 18, 2020 - 05:10 AM UTC
Interesting to read your answer again.
Also interesting to read what you are saying about YouTube.
Dindn't think like that.

About online privacy, it is true that no system is 100% secure.
But I'm thinking now that you can at least make it for someone as difficult and inconvenient as possible to get acces to your data.
As a first step I'm using Brave Browser now. I like the browser.
And I've used it in the past. Will be in coming time making plans to get fully privacy conscious. And to get out off the controlled and tracked environments that are controlling the world off today.
 _GOTOTOP