_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Question on Takom Lee/Grant M31 towbars
mdland58
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 71 Posts
KitMaker Network: 62 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2019 - 01:00 PM UTC
Greetings. I recently finished three Takom M31 recovery vehicles, and as I was putting the final touches on, I came to a problem that I need some advice on. There is a towbar assembly that is mounted on the side of the crane boom (when it is in it's stowed position). The assembly consists of three pieces. One of the two towbars is solid molded, while the second towbar (it's mate) is a two-piece bar. My question is simple. Which one is correct, or in this kit, are both correct? Were they both solid (with just one in the kit being two-piece), or were they both two-piece (with one in the kit being molded solid), or, in real life, was one solid and one two-piece?
The reason it poses a problem, and why I need clarification, is because I plan to depict two of the M31s towing another tank, using these exact drawbars. Unfortunately, Takom made it necessary to cut off one clevis assembly and remake it for towing (a weakness in this kit). If I am going to go to all that work, anyway, I just want to be sure I do it correctly.
The reference photos I studied gave me no definitive answers. Has anybody out there ever seen or worked with or had reference photos that would clarify how this is?
Thanks, in advance, for any help and/or advice proffered.
Regards and Happy Holidays,
Mark Pinson
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberDirector of Member Services
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 6,693 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,042 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2019 - 01:04 PM UTC
Answers available in the Armorama::Armor/Afv forum.
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/282350&page=1
I moved the original post

/ Robin
 _GOTOTOP