_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Help with SS Panther D units
catman31
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 166 Posts
KitMaker Network: 10 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 09, 2019 - 12:10 AM UTC
Hello
I have the Takom Panther D late model (full interior) with Zimmerit; I also have a SS figure set from Alpine (SS Tankers reloading) in full winter garb. I’ve wanted to place these guys next to a Panther and I’m not sure if any SS units used Panther Ds in the winter - I’ve tried looking online and in my books but find lots of Gs, As but no D models for that time of year. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, while you’re here, any comments on that Takom model itself? Things to watch out for? I’ve started the interior and I have found that the transmission is having trouble “sitting” on the floor. Anyone else know what I mean?

Thank you.
Felix
Lada_Niva
Visit this Community
Drenthe, Netherlands
entire network: 177 Posts
KitMaker Network: 77 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 09, 2019 - 07:31 AM UTC
Best what I can think off now is that I can post your question on Axis History Forum. They may know the answer. But I'm not really having the knowledge to help you directly with your question. You could take a look on scalemates.com I believe for the kit in closer detail?
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 2,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 134 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 09, 2019 - 08:31 AM UTC
5th SS PzDiv Wiking was in Russia the winter of 43/44 with Panther D's. The 2nd SS was also in the East fall of 1943, but I am not sure if they stayed until winter itself.
catman31
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 166 Posts
KitMaker Network: 10 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 09, 2019 - 09:35 AM UTC
Thanks for the info. I'll use it as a catalyst for my new search.
 _GOTOTOP