History Club
Military history and past events only. Rants or inflamitory comments will be removed.
Hosted by Frank Amato
Religious sites and combat
4-Eyes71
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 424 Posts
KitMaker Network: 376 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 03:07 AM UTC
Interesting point, Colonel.

The problem with these so-called "liberals" is you cannot reason with fanatics/extremists. These people will impose their brand of truth even though it may be wrong (and they'll insist it's right still). They will even invoke "nationalism" to attract a following.

And look at what happens if we try it their way, they get the upper hand and they take cheap shots at you.

The only language these extremists will listen to is force. Like it or not, you're gonna have to use it. There can be no peace so as long as there are agitators.
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 6,149 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,551 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 09:31 AM UTC
Phantom-- all valid points. I can understand people wishing to rule their land as they desire. However, it is the violation of others' equally valid rights that I am most sensitive to. Blowing up trains in Spain, crashing planes into commercial buildings and suicide bombers are not the actions of a political organization using a means to achieve an end. It is senseless violence that I believe we witness each day and that is what I have a difficult time understanding. I spent my adult in the military and appreciate the use of force to achieve an objective. What I can not comprehend nor tolerate is a criminal activity that forces me to take my shoes off before I get on a plane, seizes a pen knife from me at a checkpoint or forces me to be searched each time I enter a military installlation. That, my friend, is what gets my dandruff up.
DJ
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,065 Posts
KitMaker Network: 497 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 02:12 PM UTC
Using civilains as shields or flaring relgious feelings by using places of worship as bases from which to carry out attacks is wrong. Be it 60 years ago or 60 seconds ago, it is still the cowards way to fight.This has nothing to do with ones politics or feelings on a given situation.

I don't care if it's Americans, Nazis, terrorists, or Branch Dividians doing it. Hiding behind womens skirts (or headscarves as the case may be) while carrying out violent actions, no matter how justified they are, is very pathetic.

Steve
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 6,149 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,551 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 01:28 AM UTC
Folks-- I am locking this topic. Good discussion. Let's move on
DJ