_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Damaged smoke grenade launchers
pod3105
Visit this Community
Waterford, Ireland
entire network: 466 Posts
KitMaker Network: 20 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 - 06:13 PM UTC
I'm trying to find some images of damaged smoke grenade launchers for a project but I'm having no success. I just want a sence of what they might look like. Any guidance/direction would be very graciously welcomed.
TIA
P
Johnnych01
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 604 Posts
KitMaker Network: 41 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 - 08:28 PM UTC
Tia, just a thought... I did 22 years on Chieftain, Challenger and CVRTs and never once saw any damage done to MBSD dischargers, I'm not saying it never happens as I'm sure it has at some point but due to their usual position of being on an AFVs turret any damage would probably be only glancing or minor crush damage so I would work along those lines ...John
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,981 Posts
KitMaker Network: 574 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2019 - 12:14 AM UTC
Are they likely to show any damage at all? Being essentially heavy-gauge pipes attached to the tank by a bracket, I suspect any impact capable of visibly damaging them is far more likely to simply rip the whole lot off entirely, maybe leaving fragments of the mounting still bolted/welded to the tank.
pod3105
Visit this Community
Waterford, Ireland
entire network: 466 Posts
KitMaker Network: 20 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2019 - 04:09 AM UTC
John, Tom,
Thank you both very much for that. Pretty much what I thought my be the case. I can carry on with my idea then without any major concern. 0l
Johnnych01
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 604 Posts
KitMaker Network: 41 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2019 - 06:57 AM UTC
No probs Tia .... as Tom said, any real damage would probably smash the whole of the MBSGD off its mount, or snap one or more tubes ... maybe if you did want to show a battle damage one would be a close shell impact which took the grenade discharger out leaving only the mounting bracket and wires coming out of the turret ??
 _GOTOTOP