_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Blogging
Lada_Niva
Visit this Community
Drenthe, Netherlands
entire network: 177 Posts
KitMaker Network: 77 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2019 - 05:35 AM UTC
Hello fellow scalemodellers,

I don't really know where to put this question else. So I'm posting it in here. For some time I wanted to start blogging about scale modelling. Because I wanted my own website or blog. Post some projects in progress. Share my experiences with others. Get some nice acitivity with others. But it never got moving. One day I had decided to start my research of starting a blog. But quickly I got lost in the stream of information that was availlable on this topic.
And my question is, does anyone of you have any experience with starting a blog? Do you have any tips or other things what could help me out? I really wanted to do that. And thought of it as a nice project for my free time to do. But never got to it.

Will appreciate your help. And if this is the wrong place to post about this. Please feel free to move it to the right section or topic or whatever.

Lada_Niva
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 1,288 Posts
KitMaker Network: 337 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2019 - 08:20 PM UTC
if you really want to have a good number of readers, comments, interaction, etc. it does need work and time. You have to provide content often, and good one.

I would advise to start sharing your works here, where you can post whenever you want and ensure it is seen, as we all come often.

Once you feel you are able to produce content regularly and do not get burnt (taking photos and writing text so often is, for me, quite boring and prevents me from enjoying modelling...), you may consider other options.
timmyp
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 496 Posts
KitMaker Network: 90 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2019 - 09:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

(taking photos and writing text so often is, for me, quite boring and prevents me from enjoying modelling...)

Myself, I find the task of photographing and preparing the text for a blog posting can be rather onerous. Time spent taking the photo(s), renaming it, editing it, uploading it, then preparing the text for the actual post - it can add up to over an hour or more. Plus, sometimes I get in a hurry to finish the post, but my thoughts are moving faster than my fingers can type, so I might miss putting in a relevant item in the post.

But in the end, it's pretty cool to see something you've created being posted on the internet!

Cheers,

Tim
Lada_Niva
Visit this Community
Drenthe, Netherlands
entire network: 177 Posts
KitMaker Network: 77 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2019 - 10:56 PM UTC
Thank you all for your replys so far.
I must say that I got time to spent. Most of the time I found myself having spare time after I have done all the other things I wanted to do on a day. In the weekends.
But don't really know how to work it out. Sometimes I got an idea and wanting to put it in action. But often find that I don't know how to do it. Or how to make it in something high quality to share.
Some tips in this topic would also be very welcome.
 _GOTOTOP