_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling Questions?
Ask your modeling related questions here.
My spray gun is damaged
Lada_Niva
Visit this Community
Drenthe, Netherlands
entire network: 177 Posts
KitMaker Network: 77 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2019 - 04:53 AM UTC
Hello fellow forum members,

My spray gun is broken. The thread of the nozzle tip is broken and the O-Ring is lost. What do I need to do? Fix it or something else?

I hope you can help me out. Don't really know what to do myself.

Technical details:
Fengda FE-130 Dual action gravity feed airbrush
Working pressure 1-3 bar

I'm sorry if the post is a bit messy. But don't really know how to do this post otherwise.

RobinNilsson
Staff MemberDirector of Member Services
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 6,693 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,042 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2019 - 09:41 AM UTC
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Homeet-Airbrush-Replacement-Maintenance-Accessories/dp/B07D6TFGP9/ref=pd_cp_60_1/257-8645357-6065922?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07D6TFGP9&pd_rd_r=84096e6b-c6b3-4a2a-9b0d-1762729712ae&pd_rd_w=qHGFG&pd_rd_wg=yJELj&pf_rd_p=1ed602c2-81bc-4963-a32e-87d65a0bdbac&pf_rd_r=JR3ZV8DDPCS8K9X1HZBE&psc=1&refRID=JR3ZV8DDPCS8K9X1HZBE
replacement set with needles and nozzles
£ 10:99 + postage

or a complete airbrush
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Airbrush-gun-Fengda-FE-130K-needle/dp/B0198GBEDI
£ 20:99 + postage

My initial response is to buy a new one if you are happy with how it performed.
If you airbrush a lot you might want to consider upgrading to better airbrush but only if you feel that your skills have advanced to a level where the airbrush is an obstacle.

But:

It also depends on where you bought it. Did you buy from a trader/dealer who might be able to get spare parts?
Spare parts can be expensive so for a cheap product it might be just as easy to buy one more.

/ Robin
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / España
entire network: 1,288 Posts
KitMaker Network: 337 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2019 - 07:58 PM UTC
As far as I know, Fenga, Veda and several other Chinese airbrushes are all compatible. You can get spares quite cheap and with free shipping from eBay or Aliexpress, just check your needle size (I think it's 0.3mm).

As Robin said, a whole airbrush is not that expensive either.
Lada_Niva
Visit this Community
Drenthe, Netherlands
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2019 - 11:06 PM UTC
Thank you for your reply so far.
I don't know now what the nozzle size is.
But I thought Fengda is a British mark of airbrush?
Well, if that's not the case. I have learned something new.
Don't think that a new airbrush will be profitable.
Because I don't have this airbrush for over a year.
It is just a couple of months old. Did buy it at modelbouw krikke groningen in the Netherlands. Was first planning on sending it to them to let it repair. But my dad said that it would be more expensive to do that.
Is it possible to use the airbrush properly without the nozzle and the O-Ring that is missing?

Must thank you all so far for giving the advice, tips en tricks.

Lada_Niva
RobinNilsson
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2019 - 11:45 PM UTC
The nozzle and needle are the main function of the whole airbrush. Without those parts it will not work.
The O-ring is there to prevent pressurised air from leaking the wrong way.

My best suggestion is that you buy that set of replacement needles and nozzles.
Check the images of the nozzle to make sure it looks to be the same as yours.

/ Robin
Lada_Niva
Visit this Community
Drenthe, Netherlands
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2019 - 02:57 AM UTC
Well, I think they aren't the same as my needle and the O-Ring is missing. Think that I will send it back to the shop where I bought it. I must thank you for telling me that the airbrush won't work without that nozzle. The needle is still fine I guess. As I can read for the O-Ring. It must be important to. Because if the pressurized air leaks away, then the compressor will never get to his working pressure. And will get overheated maybe, what causes more damage to the setup?

Anyway, thank you for your reply.

Lada_Niva
RobinNilsson
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2019 - 03:40 AM UTC
The air is pushed into the airbrush through the hose.
When you press the trigger the pressurised air goes forward in a channel to a chamber inside the O-ring, you should see a little hole off to one side on the front of the airbrush body. The O-ring prevents the air from leaking out from the chamber. From the chamber the air goes into the nozzle and exits forward around the needle.
The flow of air going forard around the tip of the needle creates an underpressure which sucks out the paint. If the O-ring is not working there will not be enough air going forward to create the necessary suction.
If the O-ring is OK but the thread that fits the nozzle into the airbrush body doesn't seal the air will go backwards from the little chamber and back into the paint cup causing bubbles and maybe a nasty surprise with paint splatter.
The O-ring is more or less a standard item but the broken threads on the nozzle is another matter.

Good luck.
/ Robin
Lada_Niva
Visit this Community
Drenthe, Netherlands
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2019 - 04:11 AM UTC
Thank you for your reply Robin.
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 2,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 134 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2019 - 04:33 AM UTC
The broken threads are more of an issue than the o-ring as rings are easily replaced. If the damaged threads prevent the necessary movement they facilitate and if the part they are tooled onto cannot be replaced (for example, if the threads are on the airbrush body you would have to replace the entire body if it keeps the needle cap from going on properly, or the air hose from sealing tight) you would be faced with replacing the whole brush anyway. Certain parts are not as (or as easily) replaceable as others.
Lada_Niva
Visit this Community
Drenthe, Netherlands
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2019 - 07:25 AM UTC
Thank you for the reply. As it seems now, the problem is solved today. Called with the shop and we have solved the problem. Now it is just waiting till it arrives.
 _GOTOTOP