_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Sprue Brothers Models do not ship to Ireland?
lokispeed1
Visit this Community
Poland
entire network: 10 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2019 - 08:08 AM UTC
Hi lads!
Today I tried to do some shopping from SBM,unfortunately they do not have Ireland as shipping destination! Does anyone know them good enough to ask about fixing that if it's possible please?
southpier
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 546 Posts
KitMaker Network: 146 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2019 - 08:49 AM UTC
the two or three times I have ordered from SB, it took forever to get my stuff. lord knows how long it would take for an overseas order. if it's something only they carry, good luck. if there's an alternate source, I say use it.
Tank1812
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 1,112 Posts
KitMaker Network: 88 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2019 - 09:04 AM UTC
SB is the fastest model company that gets your order to the shipping dock. Taking forever would be the shipping company/companies.

I will send Gordon an email about shipping to Ireland.
Tank1812
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2019 - 09:25 AM UTC
SB does ship to Ireland.

They sent me an email showing shipping to Republic of Ireland, Clay 1234. For a 1/48 Dragon Me262 5519 shipping was $26.

HTH

southpier
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2019 - 10:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

SB is the fastest model company that gets your order to the shipping dock. Taking forever would be the shipping company/companies.

too bad SB doesn't send a "your order shipped" and tracking number to support your claim.

there's too many sources of good service to continue badgering a company which falls short twice.

the old "three strikes, you're Out!" thing. y'know?
Tank1812
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2019 - 11:37 PM UTC
Did you check your spam folder, I get at least two emails per order. The order confirmation and order shipped with tracking. I got a third UPS tracking email on the order I did this week. This is for a US order.

Won’t tell you how many times I do order as that might be exhibit A your honor one day.

My last order...
Thank you for your order. Your order number is 628714, placed 10/10/2019 at 05:44PM.

On Friday, October 11, 2019, 1:16 PM, [email protected] wrote:
Your order has shipped. (Order#: 628714 placed on 10/10/2019).

When I mean fastest, mind you there is 1 hr time zone difference between us.
On Wednesday, September 11, 2019, 2:50 PM, [email protected] wrote:
Thank you for your order. Your order number is 624783, placed 09/11/2019 at 01:50PM

On Wednesday, September 11, 2019, 3:57 PM, [email protected] wrote:
Your order has shipped. (Order#: 624783 placed on 09/11/2019)

That was for 2 kits and 3 painting products.

Lots of folks post on Hyperscale the same experience. If you don’t like the copy paste job I did, PM your email and I will forward the emails to you.

I don’t know Gordon personally, just a happy customer for 15 yrs.
Tank1812
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2019 - 11:51 PM UTC
Forgot the other details y’all like.
This week’s order, Special Hobby 1/72 FH-1 Phantom Marines First, 72335. Should have it on Wednesday.

The other two were Das Werk’s Wanze and Rutscher. The Rutscher is ready to paint. campaign
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 3,670 Posts
KitMaker Network: 527 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 12, 2019 - 04:21 AM UTC
I've never had a problem with Sprue Brothers. They have several on line "tutorials" about the way they ship, and the hours they ship-- they say right in these they'll ship M-F the same day they get the order if it's received before 4PM, and if it's The weekend the order will go out on Monday. After 4PM the order goes out the next day. I usually have my order within 4-5 days, and I live 2000 miles from them. I suspect the reason for any delay is either the postal service, or customs at the receiving end. I just received an order from Japan, that was shipped on September 15th, within an hour of the purchase, so I think the 4-5 day wait from SB is reasonable, but again, it'll depend on where you are, how you ship, and your postal regulations.
VR, Russ
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,728 Posts
KitMaker Network: 279 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 12, 2019 - 06:02 PM UTC
Never had an issue the few times I've ordered from Sprue Brothers to the UK.
I have received tracking info and watched any delay caused by the postal service as the parcel gets shipped from one deport to another before being put on an aircraft to cross the pond. Normal time is 2 - 3 weeks including a couple of extra days due to customs clearance once it arrives in the UK.
lokispeed1
Visit this Community
Poland
entire network: 10 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2019 - 11:07 AM UTC
Forgive me friends, my fault. Ones there is two Irelands ( North and Republic) should check under "R". Lesson for future. Happy modeling (and shopping!).
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 3,670 Posts
KitMaker Network: 527 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2019 - 05:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

too bad SB doesn't send a "your order shipped" and tracking number to support your claim.

there's too many sources of good service to continue badgering a company which falls short twice.

the old "three strikes, you're Out!" thing. y'know?

Funny thing about complaints. I was looking at Sprue Brothers ratings on Amazon just yesterday, for an unrelated reason, but I had this string in mind. Of the 75 or so reports I quickly read through, there were only three complaints:
1) these guys are jerks (no other explanation given) 0 stars
2) I wanted a built model, but all hey have is kits. 2 stars
3) Squadron is the worst shipping I've ever had from Texas to California (Squadron is in Texas, Sprue Brothers is in Missouri). 3 stars.
So all three complaints were basically ridiculous. Not sure that's the issue in getting stuff to Alberta or not, but there were at least two comments from B.C -- both gave SB 5 stars and one said their order was filled, shipped and received within 1 week. So off hand, I'd say it's your postal service or delivery service that's the problem.
VR, Russ
southpier
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2019 - 10:34 PM UTC
funny thing about opinions: they are neither right or wrong.

if it works for you (open sense), great.

it didn't work out for me. that doesn't make me right or wrong, it's an objective observation/ experience.

but I imagine Amazon is happy its reviews are read.
 _GOTOTOP