_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Stash Sale Questions
awrc
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 281 Posts
KitMaker Network: 14 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2019 - 05:45 AM UTC
I’ve pretty much concluded I’m never going to get any/much of my stash built.

While I know I’d get the best price selling each item on eBay, I don’t think I can face auctioning then shipping several hundred kits.

Does anybody of of anywhere that buys stashes (or large parts of stashes) and of what sort of prices these places pay? I’m in WI so I suspect there’s nobody local.

Most of what I’ve got to sell would be “Mint In Box’’ if the boxes themselves weren’t a bit bashed. Almost every kit’s got some sort of aftermarket included, ranging from just aftermarket details to mounds of PE, resin bits, tracks (in AFVs) and so forth. There’s also a fairly substantial number of resin kits, both armor and aircraft.

I’m really looking for feedback from people who’ve sold stashes, trying to find a ballpark figure - I.e. if I can’t get even 5c on the dollar, I’ll just give the stuff to IPMS or AMPS for auction for charity/club funds, but if I can manage better, I’d prefer to sell, if only so that the stash that wrecked so much of my life finally gives something back.

ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 2,023 Posts
KitMaker Network: 626 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2019 - 06:27 AM UTC
Hi Al,
I'm in Milwaukee.
Anyway, about 10 years ago I thought I was going to move out of state and to ship a space 8'x8'x10' worth of kits along with all the household stuff was just too expensive. Sell everything and start fresh was my conclusion.
I found this guy in Fine Scale Model magazine from N. Illinois and he's still in there. His info is:
Milam
519 DiLorenzo Dr.
Naperville, IL 60565
[email protected]

I sent him a list of all the kits to price.
There were a lot of choice kits in the stash but I still only got about $0.20 on a dollar. But he did drive up and picked everything up and paid for the agreed price using a money order.

There are other guys in FSM too but he was closest. I have listed in the past here on Armorama and had some luck.
Good luck Al

awrc
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2019 - 06:45 AM UTC
Thanks for the suggestion - 20c on the dollar seems reasonable (given that the kits aren’t new, and what I presume these people get when they resell them), I may well contact him and see what I’d get for typical items from my stash.
ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 2,092 Posts
KitMaker Network: 438 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 07, 2019 - 07:59 AM UTC
Modern or WWII?
awrc
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Monday, October 07, 2019 - 08:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Modern or WWII?

Both, and I suppose technically some stuff is inter-war too. The majority of the WWII era stuff is German or Soviet, the modern stuff is a bit more varied. I’ve not got any lists yet simply because how much I’m selling off may range from “everything but a couple of dozen aircraft kits” to just trimming down certain kits where I’ve got half a dozen in the stash. It’s a complicated formula involving my health, my neighbors and cats.
 _GOTOTOP