_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
gluing question
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 03, 2004 - 06:18 AM UTC
One problem I have always had with the superglues is their lack of tackiness. Having to try to hold a part onto another for a period of time while glue sets can become difficult, no matter how fast it dries, and sometimes what you use to hold the part on (like a finger) becomes fixed as well. I was wondering if using something like Testors to get the part fixed into position and then putting on a drop of the cryo stuff later would work. Plan to add rigging to my ship s and you need to have a tacky slow drying glue to get the part in the right position, but as I am planning to use thin guage wire, I need the cryo to hold it permanently.

Think this method will work. I am not a big fan of cryo because it seems to dry up in the container before I can get it half used and I buy small containers
DRAGONWAGON
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
entire network: 1,041 Posts
KitMaker Network: 298 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 03, 2004 - 07:35 PM UTC
Hi Blaster,

I recognize your problem, and the point is; you already gave the answer yourself!!
Normally I fix the part with a drop of plasticcement, or, when it's a resin part, a drop of white glue will do the trick.
Then I use an old sewing needle, and carefully apply some drops of CA.

Works like a sunshine...for me that is!
John.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 06:23 AM UTC
Thanks....that was the answer I was hoping for
 _GOTOTOP