_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling Questions?
Ask your modeling related questions here.
Paint on Rollers
JamesN
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 9 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 03, 2019 - 01:40 AM UTC
On the WWll M3 Half Track, the rollers have rubber around them? ready to Paint black around them after I have airbrushed the hubs but could find no clear picture if they had rubber or just steel?

thanks
Jim
Canada

Never mind, just had to look at an info book I had on my desk, it points out they where covered with hard rubber.
southpier
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 546 Posts
KitMaker Network: 146 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 03, 2019 - 02:17 AM UTC
from the thread title, I thought someone had stolen my idea. I've long wanted to buy one of those machines often seen in convenience stores and movie theater snack bars that cook frankfurters by rotating them on hot rollers.

with the heating element disconnected, my Vallejo paints would always be at the ready!
JamesN
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 9 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 03, 2019 - 02:29 AM UTC
LOL, leave it to me to ask dumb question. My excuse is that I can't read and there where no pictures,,and that is the story I am sticking to....

RobinNilsson
Staff MemberDirector of Member Services
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 6,693 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,042 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2019 - 12:36 AM UTC
If by rollers you mean the small wheels (4 pairs) supporting the weight of the vehicle then the answer is Rubber.
If you mean the support rollers holding up the top run of the track (return roller, 1 pair of wheels) then the answer is Steel.

http://data3.primeportal.net/apc/jan_peters/m3a1/images/m3a1_05_of_13.jpg

This image shows an M9 but I think the wheels/rollers were the same

http://data4.primeportal.net/apc/paul_adamson/m9a1_half_track/images/m9a1_half_track_21_of_48.jpg
 _GOTOTOP