_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Compressor ( hollidays or short term use )
Eberbach
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 54 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2019 - 03:35 AM UTC
Hello out there,

In Need some advise regarding a compressor ( airbrush ); I already have a good one, but I an looking for a small, easy to handle and storage one for use while on hollidays.
During hollidays or some free weekends I use to bring some model kit to work on it, and although I usualy dont have much time for the hobby, but there are days that i would like to have the posibility to do some paint job...so I am thinking about buying a compressor for those days i mentioned above. The two I have looked so far are the Abest AS186 and Abest AS18-2, I have used one similar to AS186, but I would like to have your opinions regarding both. ( or any similar ones ). Thanks in advance. J.
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,981 Posts
KitMaker Network: 574 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2019 - 09:17 AM UTC
I do all my spraying with a compressor similar to the as18-2 (the one without the tank) and it works fine. I have a plastic toolbox that is big enough for the compressor, sparmax brush cleaning pot, airbrush, glass jars for clean-up water and soap, and some paints & thinners. The plan was to make it portable, but somehow it got "parked" under my multipurpose desk some years ago...

If you have the room, also get yourself one of those fold-up spray booths!
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 1,288 Posts
KitMaker Network: 337 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2019 - 10:01 AM UTC
I have this one from Aliexpress:

It's cheap, small, comes with hoose and works fine for me.

You can see all specs here
 _GOTOTOP