_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Compressor problems please help
tiger007
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 43 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 02, 2004 - 06:00 AM UTC
Just brought myself a new compressor to use with an aztek airbrush,my problem is when i use it on fine spray it jets out small amounts of water .it has no gage on it so i dont know what psi its set at,it just has a small screw that you turn and when you turn it to much it starts to leak air.ruined a tiger 2 model couse of it now i feel like packing modeling in alltogether.what should i do please help.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 02, 2004 - 06:08 AM UTC
Moisture -
You need to do one of two things or both - you can get a moisture trap, a small clear filter you screw in line with the hose (not sure if it goes on the compressor end or AB end). This will trap moisture and it won't come out of the brush
Second thing is to use a longer hose. This simply gives the water more hose to get stuck on, you still have moisture, but it has to far to travel and doesn't make it to the ab
You can do both too.

I'm not sure why it would only happen on the small brush --- maybe because on the large ones enough air moving fast enough and moisture can't build up? Not sure on that point.
tiger007
Visit this Community
entire network: 43 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 02, 2004 - 06:24 AM UTC
Thanks scott ill try that
mikeli125
Visit this Community
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 02, 2004 - 06:44 AM UTC
if the paint is thin enough you can spray the base coat over it and start again or get some oven cleaner spray it on it and leave it overnight take an old tooth brush and rinse it under the tap all the old paint will lift off
 _GOTOTOP