_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Injectorpin marks
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,352 Posts
KitMaker Network: 571 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 02, 2004 - 01:03 AM UTC
I got some little injectorpin marks on the non skid plating on my Leopard II, it isn't the sandpaper kind, it is the big X ones that they use to climb up on the tank with.
But anyway they got these X's on them, and them little circles from the injectorpins look out of place, inbetween the X's, and if you to try to sand them, you would make a bigger mess then it is leaving them alone, they aren't bad just the lines not sunken in or sticking out thank GOD, but they are there none the less.
So I was wondering what some of the others of you have done in a perdicament like this, has anybody ever tried Mr surfacer or something like that or do you just leave it alone.

Kerry
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,716 Posts
KitMaker Network: 531 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 02, 2004 - 01:41 AM UTC
Not sure if you would want to use this as the pin marks are recessed, but gap filler CA or epoxy putty tends to work.. not sure how big the X's are or how you are sanding (sand stick, by hand, etc.) but you may want to also try to use a very sharp x-acto to skim the ridges of the pin markings. you have to be very careful, though, that you don't gouge the surface or accidentallly cut any detail off but it does work sometimes.
11Charlie
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 926 Posts
KitMaker Network: 329 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 02, 2004 - 01:02 PM UTC
I had a similar situation with the rotator on a 4.2" mortar I'm working on....the marks were actually recessed between some other details I could not touch with sand paper or files with out destroying surrounding detail. I used a burnishing tool (for dry transfers) which has a curved, blunt point on it and gently scraped the edges of the mark until it was the same level as the surrounding area. Once painted, you won't be able to tell they were ever there and I didn't lose any of the surrounding detail.
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,352 Posts
KitMaker Network: 571 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 03, 2004 - 06:37 AM UTC
Thank you guys for the help that is what is, it is like X'X and inbetween to where the apostrophe is that is to where the injetorpin mark is and the X's are so high that you can't get inbetween them, and some of them are 3 and 4 X's, that I'm going to haft to come up with a real small sanding disk on a drill bit to fit in the middle, cause I tried a knife and it made it rougher then it was so many thanks USNavy2534, and Dustoff. and 11Charlie

Kerry
 _GOTOTOP