_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling Questions?
Ask your modeling related questions here.
AMPS track judgeing question
mogdude
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 459 Posts
KitMaker Network: 264 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 03, 2019 - 09:18 AM UTC
Anyone know ,Does or do AMPS judges deduct for uncompleted track runs if they are not seen ,like the top run under the side skirts or road wheels not painted on the rear side that cant be seen without a mirror same for upper track runs
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 03, 2019 - 10:10 AM UTC
mmm, if it can't be seen, how can it be judged? Same with some interiors.
mogdude
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 459 Posts
KitMaker Network: 264 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 03, 2019 - 02:51 PM UTC
Quess I asked the question incorrectly I ment are they supposed to ding you for it
duckdawgs
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 143 Posts
KitMaker Network: 11 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 03, 2019 - 04:11 PM UTC
I've seen judges using mirrors and flashlights... Judges would pick at these details if they need to break a tie... If the models are so close in every aspect, the model with the completed tracks would probably win, they judge on the construction also...
RLlockie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 1,112 Posts
KitMaker Network: 126 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2019 - 05:14 AM UTC
Have you ever judged under an open system? Why would the need to ‘break a tie’ arise when in theory, every model in the comp could win any medal (although AMPS limits golds to intermediate and higher).

I’ve never had the time or inclination to check invisible areas for possible issues like missing track and I’ve never seen anyone else do it either at an AMPS show and I’ve judged at several of them. Similarly I’ve never seen anyone inspect the belly plate on a standing vehicle or deduct points if it is bolted or glued to the base.

The idea is to give credit for work done, not to penalise for work not done, which is why you can win advanced gold for a KV with solid plastic grilles even if I would always replace them.

_GOTOTOP