_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
How are European members doing in heat wave
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 2,023 Posts
KitMaker Network: 626 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2019 - 09:35 AM UTC
After seeing some of the news about the real high temperatures you folks are dealing with. I know that not many places have air conditioning or climate control. How are you folks coping?
The Tour of France starts Saturday and I hope that it goes back to normal for all the riders. 40 C or 114 F racing ??!! That stuff is deadly !

In the US we are dealing with way too much rain in the Midwest. Tonight's Stammtisch gathering looks to be a wash out at the moment.
Remember to drink LOTS of water ! I hope to be drinking some HB Freising, in the Biergarten, if the rain ever stops
Invincible
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 148 Posts
KitMaker Network: 25 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2019 - 10:07 AM UTC
Thanks for checking in on us here in the EU(+UK) here in England the heat isn't too terrible, just too warm to be enjoyable if you don't like sunbathing. That's the thing about England- we can't wait for it to warm up during winter, but by July we can't wait for it to cool down!
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 2,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 134 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2019 - 10:21 AM UTC
Today was an effective temperature of 100°F here in NW Georgia, with a UV rating of extreme. I have a family history that includes cancer and have already had a couple of things trimmed off; plus my ancestry is Irish with the stereotypical fair skin and red hair.

Today was an indoors day for me. Thank goodness I have models to build.

Can't wait to see what August brings.
ChurchSTSV
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 350 Posts
KitMaker Network: 88 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2019 - 11:02 AM UTC
I mean, its not that hot.

#Arizona #LikelivinginHell
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 2,023 Posts
KitMaker Network: 626 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2019 - 04:30 AM UTC
Glad everybody is hanging in there ! Most weirdest Summer I can remember in Wisconsin, actually the whole year weatherwise. First, a mild Winter until March then snow and cold until mid-June, last furnace day was June 15 ! Then the AC went on a week later !
And, the rain ! Down pours like you wouldn't believe 3/4" in an hour. Some days,2" ! The farm fields are drowned. Farmers couldn't get into the fields as they'd become bogged down in mud. The 4th was mid 90's and humid, fireworks in some towns postponed because of rain. The shiny silver lining is forest fire chances are really down. Frequency of lawn mowing UP!
 _GOTOTOP