Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Only in Sweden,Top of the line.
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2019 - 01:06 AM UTC
Well only in a place as fine as the Scandinavian countries are we treated to such a fine view.

Rock on.

Cheers
Jeff

russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2019 - 01:59 AM UTC
That focus is on that woman so I can't see the scenery behind her. How is she supposed to run in those boots?
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberDirector of Member Services
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 6,693 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,042 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2019 - 02:15 AM UTC
I'll need to report that street surface to the council.
Can't have cracked and broken asphalt like that show up in images on the internet.
That street is in Stockholm, taken in spring 2017.

That yellow taxi/cab has been taken out of traffic since then, it was equipped with a ramp to handle wheelchairs when it was still in business. The last registered odometer value was 549186 kilometres (341248 miles).

/ Robin
Scarred
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,792 Posts
KitMaker Network: 482 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2019 - 04:24 AM UTC
How much for an apartment over there Robin? Are the roads wide enough for a full sized American pick-up? I could do with a change of scenery and I have wanted to see the beauty(ies) of Scandinavia for some time.
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberDirector of Member Services
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 6,693 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,042 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2019 - 07:32 AM UTC
The apartment prices depend a lot on the location.
Around where I live it is around 220000 to 320000 SEK (divide by 9.5 or 9.8 for USD) for a three room apartment around 75 - 80 square meters (multiply by 10.76 for sq ft).
The subway takes me to the city centre in 15 minutes.
The prices go up towards the city centre, maybe 2 to 3 times as expensive. The "problem" is that the interest rates are low so people think they can afford it and IF the interest rates go up later they will be in deep brown fertilizer material.

Houses go for around 4-4.5 million SEK.

No worries about the pickup, they sell that kind of oversized overweight testosteron laden scrap metal around here too so our streets are wide enough. Delivery trucks get through ....

The US $ has a high value compared to the SEK so American tourists get a lot for their money. Stockholm is best between early May and late September, the winter months are boring, wet and cold.
/ Robin
timmyp
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 496 Posts
KitMaker Network: 90 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2019 - 02:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

That focus is on that woman so I can't see the scenery behind her. How is she supposed to run in those boots?

Why would she need to run? Besides, her skirt is pretty long, I think that would be somewhat of an impedance to her running a wind sprint!!
Scarred
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,792 Posts
KitMaker Network: 482 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2019 - 02:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The apartment prices depend a lot on the location.
Around where I live it is around 220000 to 320000 SEK (divide by 9.5 or 9.8 for USD) for a three room apartment around 75 - 80 square meters (multiply by 10.76 for sq ft).
The subway takes me to the city centre in 15 minutes.
The prices go up towards the city centre, maybe 2 to 3 times as expensive. The "problem" is that the interest rates are low so people think they can afford it and IF the interest rates go up later they will be in deep brown fertilizer material.

Houses go for around 4-4.5 million SEK.

No worries about the pickup, they sell that kind of oversized overweight testosteron laden scrap metal around here too so our streets are wide enough. Delivery trucks get through ....

The US $ has a high value compared to the SEK so American tourists get a lot for their money. Stockholm is best between early May and late September, the winter months are boring, wet and cold.
/ Robin

BTW: my truck isn't some overweight, lifted 4x4, testosterone laden, pavement queen.

It's a sensible, short bed, 2x4, low slung, pavement eating, testosterone fueled vehicle that will go from 0 to wet yourself in about 4 seconds. And while it's not designed to go off road I have been in the corn fields a couple of times. Perhaps I should leave it here where it can have it's steady diet of rice burners.