_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Decals for Bilstein cranes
mdland58
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 71 Posts
KitMaker Network: 62 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2019 - 02:52 AM UTC
Greetings. I am in the process of assembling several FAMO/BILSTEIN crane units, as well as several AFV Club BUSSINGNAG w/BILSTEIN cranes. One of the highly visible features of any of the cranes units is it's extensive group of small decals all over the crane unit. Obviously, since it is so visible, it becomes an extremely important detail. I am aware of three decal sets available for these units:
1) The included decal set for the Tiger Model Designs FAMO/ BILSTEIN conversion.
2) The included decal set for the AFV Club BUSSINGNAG BILSTEIN crane.
3) The aftermarket decal set for the 6ton crane from Peddinghaus.

Since the different decal sets have been out for an extended period of time, surely modellers have already had some experience with each of these. With the extensive amount of work to make these cranes, it becomes necessary to find the best possible decals to go on this crane unit. Being brutally honest as to the advantages and disadvantages to each of these three decal sets, what has been your experiences with these decal sets?
I know also that Trumpeter has an upcoming release of the FAMO/BILSTEIN unit, so eventually there will be another contender, but that lies in the unknown future, so I assume that there is not a modeller who has had any contact with these, yet.
With all this in mind, I would like to know the honest and brutal truth concerning other modellers experience with any of these three decal sets. I am in the midst of building seven of the TMD conversion kits, as well as three of the NAG kits, plus one old Calibre35 conversion, so the issue of these decals is of paramount concern to me.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Mark Pinson
[email protected]
 _GOTOTOP