_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Chris PAK Left Armorama
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 11:24 AM UTC
Ola People

This evening I spoke to Chris (Pak 40) in the Chat He said he signed out of Armorama. His reason for this was that because of the Internet he wasn`t able to do any modeling at all and he wanted to do what he liked Building and painting figures and he even wanted to start with armor again. So Armorama goes on without Chris. Let`s hope it wil be temporarily

slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 12:05 PM UTC
He can run but he can't hide!!! I hope he rejuvinates his modeling self and comes back once in a while.
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 12:11 PM UTC
If someone wants to leave, why not just stop visiting? Why the need to disenroll?
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 12:36 PM UTC

Quoted Text

If someone wants to leave, why not just stop visiting? Why the need to disenroll?

Heck yeah - there's no need to bailout! I check outta here virtually every weekend to get modeling projects done - and you guys don't even miss me!

Gunnie
Sabot
Posted: Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 12:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Heck yeah - there's no need to bailout! I check outta here virtually every weekend to get modeling projects done - and you guys don't even miss me!

Gunnie

And you are again?
Tin_Can
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 1,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 344 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 01:04 PM UTC
Gunnie, didn't even realize you were gone.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 01:42 PM UTC
I don't know why does he need to sign out. He can just keep his computer turned off while modeling. I too am experiencing the same. I can't concentrate on my models (well, sort of) because I'm always here visiting now on then. If I remember I still have that shot of my workbench in my gallery. Go check it out. Sometimes while waiting the paint to dry, I go roaming around Armorama.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 03:03 PM UTC
I always have my wireless laptop on a small rolling shelf near my workbench so I can surf up info and refs while building. As a matter of fact I was surfing someone's M7 Priest in the Rivet Review page while I am currently working on my own M7.
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 05:38 PM UTC
If someone knows what addiction is maybe he can excuse this decision. But i think that grown up people can arrange their time spending , and especially between a hobby and ..the hobby support !!! So i think that Chris will miss Armorama and get back even once in a while.
So as if why he is checking out i think that maybe not having his name and rank, wont be the same funny to get in here as a simple base visitor.. just guessing . Any way i hope he enjoys modelling the most and once in a while pops to say a hello !!!!!
cromwell
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 202 Posts
KitMaker Network: 16 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 06:50 PM UTC
Major Goose,

Your phrase 'Hobby Support'..........Superb :-)

Never really thought of Armorama that way, but it just sums it up.

I'd be lost without you guys
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 06:56 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Ola People

This evening I spoke to Chris (Pak 40) in the Chat He said he signed out of Armorama. His reason for this was that because of the Internet he wasn`t able to do any modeling at all and he wanted to do what he liked Building and painting figures and he even wanted to start with armor again. So Armorama goes on without Chris. Let`s hope it wil be temporarily

Somewhat ironic. Chris gave me chat as a reason he was trying to spend less time on the net. Maybe he wanted me to kill his MSN access as well. Ooops.

I am sorry to see anyone go. But I understand if he is having a hard time balancing things in his life.

Cheers,
Jim
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,352 Posts
KitMaker Network: 571 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 08:09 PM UTC
I hope he gets things straightened out in his life, I don't understand the quitting part, I'd think if he needed time to model to take a brake, but not quit. We all hope he reconsiders, or at least stop by to say hello every now and then. Just hope everything pulls together for him, he has been a big help a long the way at times of need.

Kerry
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 3,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 678 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 11:45 PM UTC
We all must have a desk area in front of our computers,so do as i do.
I build while I chat.I just have to remember to look up at the screen every now and then.

HI SABOT
Sabot
Posted: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 11:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Somewhat ironic. Chris gave me chat as a reason he was trying to spend less time on the net. Maybe he wanted me to kill his MSN access as well. Ooops.

I got an automated e-mail requesting that ArmoredPak40 be allowed to to join Armorama.MSN. Seems like he's scratching on the screen door again. I'll leave it up to you to approve or disapprove.
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 05:37 PM UTC
Mistakes are to be excused. I think that he could re-enter and let him decide once for all what he will do .
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
entire network: 6,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,013 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 06:36 PM UTC
sorry to lose a mate in Armorama but I dont understand thinking internet and modelling as a 2 way crossroad.one or the other. both can be your hobby ..anyway i wish Chris will be back again.
be safe Chris
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 09, 2004 - 10:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Gunnie

Gunnie?.........gunnie?..........., hmmmm, ....gunnie .......it doe's have a faint familiar ring to it, but.......nah! It's probably just my faulty synapse's misfiring again... :-)
Would be a cool username though!

Tread.
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 2,058 Posts
KitMaker Network: 787 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 03:07 PM UTC
Aww, I would miss ya gunnie, if I could only put the glue and hobby knife down long enough to get to know ya! :-)
Cuhail
 _GOTOTOP