_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Glad to be here
MontanaHunter
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 17 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2019 - 09:31 AM UTC
Well to describe this site as a wealth of information would be a vast understatement. Just started modeling again this past Christmas as I needed something to fill the gap between hunting and fishing season and the days are cold and nights are long here in Montana (not to mention the occasional snowed in weekends).

I'm primarily a 1/35 WWII armor modeler at this time, been spending the last few months getting my workbench and tools lined up and experimenting with my very first airbrush set up. I grew up working in a LHS back in the 80's and at times I barely recognize this industry from what I knew back then. Only have one LHS with a wide range of kits and a model train shop that dabbles in kits but the wealth of train parts and generic detail pieces and supplies (only Tamiya paint rack in town) makes up for the lack of kits. Been sticking with Tamiya kits due to those are whats on the shelf and in my price range at this point. Looking forward to diving into the bigger and more detailed kits soon.

Have 1/2 dozen kits in various final stages and I'll share some photos soon. Fathers Day is around the corner and I already told the better half and my daughter that all dad wants is some more kits.

Take care and thanks for a wonderful site, look forward to spending some time here and learning, growing and sharing.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2019 - 09:42 AM UTC
Welcome to the network and I hope you find a slot that makes you feel at home.
ChurchSTSV
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 350 Posts
KitMaker Network: 88 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2019 - 09:47 AM UTC
Welcome!! I just got back into the hobby not too long ago also!
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberDirector of Member Services
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 6,693 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,042 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2019 - 09:55 AM UTC
One major change compared to the 80's is the internet.
My nearest "LHS" is right here on my desk.

Another major difference is the large number of manufacturers and the huge range of kits, at least compared to the 80's when it was Tamiya or Italeri and almost nothing else in 1/35th.

Price range: There is a LOT of kits in a similar price range as Tamiya. The really expensive kits nowadays are kits that would never have been made in the 80's. The largest 1/35 Tamiya kits are in the same price range as the bigger kits from Trumpeter. Dragon is a bit overpriced but there is plenty of other kits to choose from.

Welcome aboard! If armour modelling is your thing then Armorama is the place to hang out.

/ Robin
Owengate
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 73 Posts
KitMaker Network: 32 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 07, 2019 - 10:50 AM UTC
Hello! Welcome to the forum!
 _GOTOTOP