Post your general item needs here.
Bergepanther comparisons
mdland58
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 71 Posts
KitMaker Network: 62 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 - 05:00 AM UTC
Greetings. There are now several Bergepanther kits out from Takom and Meng, but no real comprehensive reviews and comparisons of the kits. Takom has an A, D, and G version, and Meng has an A version. The Takom D version is very basic, so not useful for comparison. The A and G Bergepanther all have winches and box superstructures, so a comparison of the pros and cons and detail of these kits would be justified. For example, since both Meng and Takom do the A version, has anybody out there yet had intimate contact (i.e., a full build) of the two kits and have a clear opinion one way or the other? I am not so much concerned about tracks. I realize Takom' s are link-and-length tracks. My curiosity is more about internal details and ease of build. Things like transmissions, engines, winch, torsion bar, shock details, transmission and braking linkage. Obviously, there has to be some differences. The reviews online often are just, "Hey, look at the sprues" type of information, which is fine if you like playing with sprues and finding out what type of tracks and such are in the kit, but, as always, the devil is in the details. How do the DETAILS look?
Perhaps nobody has actually gotten so far as building both or even seen both, but if so, could you enlighten us all about how the two company's Bergepanther build out. Thanks for whatever input you might have.
Regards,
Mark Pinson
[email protected]
ericadeane
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 4,021 Posts
KitMaker Network: 84 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 - 05:45 AM UTC
Maybe repost this on the Armor forum? You're in the buy, sell & trade forum
165thspc
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
entire network: 9,465 Posts
KitMaker Network: 176 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 - 05:56 AM UTC
Got to look through the Takom box just a few hours ago.

Very impressed with the detailing and the extensive parts count of this vehicle which is offered with full interior. The molding was amazingly crisp. Also two things that really caught my attention:
- #1 The instruction manual is a full 8 1/2 x11 horizontal format BOOK!
- #2 there were an interesting pair of track shaped black forms, made of rubber I think, which I am guessing are scaffolds used to assemble the individual link tracks upon. ???????

I really wanted to purchase it but I had come there specifically for the WWI Holt Tractor and the M728 Engineering Vehicle so the Berge lost out to the screams of my wallet!
 _GOTOTOP