_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
RFM Sheridan Pre order pending
Davidstingray
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 61 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2019 - 11:31 AM UTC
I pre ordered the RFM Sheridan M551 A1/A1 TTS back in November from Ammo by Mig.

At the time it was offered for pre order the delivery date indicated was February 2019. In February I received an email indicating there was a delay in production and it would be available in May. The message allowed folks to opt out and said for those who still wanted to wait an update would be sent in May.

Well May is here and nothing on the release date and no answers to my inquiries.

What makes it even more frustrating, it seeing RFM release other new kits and no news on the Sheridan.

I worked on them back at Aberdeen Proving Grounds back in 1976-77 and have wanted an accurate Sheridan for a long time.

Beginning to wonder if they have shelved it due to Tamiya's Sheridan which came out earlier this year.
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 3,670 Posts
KitMaker Network: 527 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2019 - 02:06 PM UTC
David, I asked almost this same question just a few days ago over on Armorama. Most folks weren't too sympathetic, but I feel your pain, I've been patiently waiting too. This is not really like RFM, but I don't think they are likely to give up on the M551. It will probably just be delayed for a while (I hope).
VR, Russ
Klaus-Adler
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,505 Posts
KitMaker Network: 70 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2019 - 02:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

David, I asked almost this same question just a few days ago over on Armorama. Most folks weren't too sympathetic, but I feel your pain, I've been patiently waiting too. This is not really like RFM, but I don't think they are likely to give up on the M551. It will probably just be delayed for a while (I hope).
VR, Russ

I talked to a vendor at the Scottish ipms show about this kit and he said he hadn't heard anymore even though he stocks their products.

I saw your original post but didn't comment as this is the only input I can bring to the conversation.
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 3,670 Posts
KitMaker Network: 527 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2019 - 02:57 PM UTC
Well, even as I type this, the RFM advertisement for the M551 continuously plays on the left side of my screen, flashing that optional M551A1 and TTS image on and off, on and off, on and off.... kind of a cruel tease isn't it?
VR, Russ
 _GOTOTOP