_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Introduction
tinypaintjobs
Visit this Community
Alvsborgs, Sweden
entire network: 1 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 28, 2019 - 08:31 PM UTC
Hello all and greetings from Sweden!

Like so many others (I think?!) I first got in to the hobby in my youth, I was probably around 6 or 7 years old when I built my first scale airplane with my father... I soon lost interest in "boring" scale armour and aircraft and picked up on the "cool" fantasy models courtesy of Warhammer... Lost interest, mainly due to lack of time for the hobby, in my late teens and gave it up all together when I was 20 or so.

Fast forward to present date, I'm turning 31 and finding myself wanting to get back to scale modells, but am more inclined to the "cool" 1/35th armour and figures now... I have grown after all

So, I'm joining mostly to learn the ways of the scale modeller and to share the joy and fun of the hobby. I'd very much appreciate getting feedback, critique and suggestions as I struggle to find my way pack to painting - which in all honesty is the part I enjoy most.

I find myself with a greater interest towards modern era subjects and fell in particular for Evolution Miniatures modern Russians (the "polite green men" of Ukraine), so I've started on one (admittedly not one of the "green men" but a tanker) and have a few of the others together with a BTR-82A in the works... The painting is still in its very early stages and under quite harsh light but to give you an idea of where I'm at and the direction things are going I'll throw up some work in progress pictures. I'm going for the "Gorka 4 bars" uniform pants often seen in pictures from Crimea even though I know it's not how the model is sculpted and maybe not 100% authentic with the jacket but I like the colors and looks of them

I'm also working on a Swedish PBV3022 fire control IFV that I'm actually making for a friend, which is what got me back in to the hobby in the first place... See the pictures below The turrets are almost finished and the hull is awaiting some detail and weathering work which I'm looking forward to a lot. I gave the "modulation" technique a go after having seen some of the awesome tanks of the great Mig Jimenez.

Soooo, I'm looking very much forward to getting to know you guys and as I said, have a lot of fun with the hobby together! I'll try to navigate my way through the forum and maybe start some threads for these two projects

Cheers!
Tank1812
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 1,112 Posts
KitMaker Network: 88 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 28, 2019 - 09:59 PM UTC
Welcome, I wish my break had such good results upon my return.
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberDirector of Member Services
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 6,693 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,042 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 29, 2019 - 01:25 AM UTC
Welcome aboard!
That figure looks good, even if it isn't finished yet
There are subforums for Armour/AFV and figures.
I like that PBV
/ Robin
Owengate
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 73 Posts
KitMaker Network: 32 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2019 - 03:58 AM UTC
Hello! Welcome to the forum!
 _GOTOTOP