_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Dragon's Sd.Kfz.251 Ausf.C
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,924 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 10:00 AM UTC
Need help guys.
Anybody know of an etched aftermarket set for this? I know it's pretty new but hoping somebody might have one out by now? I have the kit, Fruil tracks, Moskit exhaust, using AFV wheels, but i want to go insane on this one. Anybody help?

Vinnie
tazz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,462 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 12:02 PM UTC
hey there. this site is edurad they make PE parts
check this site out
https://www.eduard.cz
Teacher
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 05:20 PM UTC
Already have thanks Christopher. Checked all the obvious ones. Part. Royal. Aber. Verlinden. I was hoping somebody might know of something coming up or by one of the less well known manufacturers.

Vinnie
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 3,960 Posts
KitMaker Network: 331 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 04:18 AM UTC
I don't think any of the companies have had time to get something out for this baby yet ...I think they didn't see these kits coming...I'm sure if you pick up a few of the old P/E kits you will find parts worth using but they will be fiddly since they were made for the old and not too accurate Tamiya kit.. If I were you I'd wait a month or 2 and see what the companies bring out .

Rick
Teacher
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 05:07 AM UTC
I wish more of the manufacturers would get together and plan their releases....I REALLY want to build this baby. I haven't been this excited over a kit for ages!

Vinnie
tazz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,462 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 07:20 AM UTC
how do u know my name lol.
i hope u did not see all my info.
because i for got to log out on that site
DutchBird
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 1,144 Posts
KitMaker Network: 230 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 09:03 AM UTC
Teacher,

first, the DML kit isn't out for that long yet...

Also, this is what I get from the sole reference I heve, the Osprey New Vanguard (volume 25) booklet on the Sd.Kfz. 251:

" The interior [of the Ausf. D] was the same as that of the Ausf.C, and retained all the seats, rifle racks, bins and interior stowage. Improvements and alterations were made to save time or conserve critical materials. The rifle rack buttplate holders were made of wood sllats, much like a park bench, replacing the complex Ausf C seats with their steel tube frames, springs, and padded leather cushions." (Osprey NwVd XXV, p 18).

Also, the gun stowage jackets were redesigned to fit the MG 42, and the design of the hinges of the rear-door changed.

These are all alterations made when designing the Ausf D. The other modifications basically had to do with the redesign of the armored plates, to simplify production.

So, my guess at least, is that much of the Ausf D PE sets is also usable on the Ausf C model. You will need a number of clamps and the like though in order to fit the tools on the fenders.

the following is my guess, please correct me when I am wrong
Also, quite a number of the features on a Sd.Kfz 251, and especially the Ausf A to C, seem very similar to the Sd.Kfz 250. So therefor, it seems to me, the Aber set for the Sd.Kfz 250/1 "alte" might be usefull as well.

This is the Osprey site with the booklet. In the middle it has a cut-out drawing of the vehicle as well...

I hope I do not send you on the wrong path in anyway, and good luck with modelling...
Teacher
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 09:27 AM UTC
Thanks Harm. I'm going to se if I can pick up some references for the 251 at Cosford on Sunday. If not, I might well pick that book up. Thanks again!

Vinnie
 _GOTOTOP