_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
Latest Posts (page does not load)
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 3,033 Posts
KitMaker Network: 361 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2019 - 04:44 AM UTC
When clicking on the ‘Latest Posts’ button, I’m not able to load/view the page. Instead, it comes up as a blank. Note: I’ve been testing this on three devices running Safari with the latest Apple OS, and iOS with a strong WiFi connection.

[EDIT] The page eventually loaded after approximately 2min 30s. However, if I leave the page to open another one and then try to return, the issue still persists.

—mike
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberDirector of Member Services
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 6,693 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,042 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2019 - 05:49 AM UTC
I tested this on Firefox:
1. Click on latest posts
2. As soon as you see the white pane where the Latest posts should be you click on any of the ads on the left side.
3. The Latest posts turn up "immediately" but then they get replaced by the page for the ad you clicked on.

I also tested on Chrome but I didn't get the same results.

I assume that clicking on an ad interrupts the "eternal" wait for some ad-server to respond with the ad for the right hand side. The lower left corner of the Firefox or Chrome browser window shows the url's that the browser is currently contacting and loading from.
I can see that most of the waiting occurs with some Gooogle analytics and some ad-server, the second time thief is Kitmakers own ad-server (it could itself be waiting for some other server)

My conclusion is that the delays are caused by delays in the ad-server microcosmos.

/ Robin
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 3,670 Posts
KitMaker Network: 527 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2019 - 10:55 AM UTC
I don't think this is just confined to the "latest posts" area--Robin has sent me a couple of PMs, and I can't open them without clicking on the word "advertiser" on the left hand side of the page, when I do, the PM message opens.
VR, Russ
RobinNilsson
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2019 - 07:52 PM UTC
When I read one of the PM's from Russ I used the "trick" to click on the 'Advertisement'-link.
This resulted in an error message from Firefox:

My conclusion is that the problems are connected to how ads are selected, delivered and presented.
I have experienced delays before and observed that the browser is waiting for google-ads something or other.

/ Robin
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2019 - 09:55 PM UTC
I tried the message system and it is opening quickly and cleanly and so I am a little lost here.
165thspc
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
entire network: 9,465 Posts
KitMaker Network: 176 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2019 - 11:25 PM UTC
The message system is opening yes, but when you open the individual incoming messages there is no content. The date line is there but no message.

Robin and I have exchanged several messages in the last 72 hours and they have all come to me with no internal content showing.

I tried Robin's suggestion of clicking on the ads and/or clicking on the word "advertisement" but for me that does not help.
RobinNilsson
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2019 - 12:56 AM UTC
This is what I get when I open a message

after a while the message shows up, sometimes
it takes longer and sometimes the wait is shorter.
/ Robin
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2019 - 02:40 AM UTC
Take a look at the edit page for your membership and see if anything looks odd: mine had loads of XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX there which messed me up.
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 3,033 Posts
KitMaker Network: 361 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2019 - 03:28 AM UTC
As of last night, 9:55 p.m. Mountain, the link seems to be working again. And just now, I sent myself a PM test and that seems to be working as well. Nothing odd in Settings.

—mike
 _GOTOTOP