_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Review/SBS: Green Stuff World Rolling Pins
Jcondemichtoy
Visit this Community
Sao Paulo, Brazil
entire network: 87 Posts
KitMaker Network: 17 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2019 - 06:54 AM UTC
Review /SBS: Making Terrain Texture Using Green Stuff World Rolling Pins - Michigan Toy Soldier Blog

I've made a full review and step by step article on using the Green Stuff World rolling pins to make a texture ground pavement of cobblestones for my RSO/03 Vignette, using simple two part epoxy.

This stuff is just amazing. Incredible results and easy to use. They have more than 20 variations of textures, and we can use several of them for our figure bases, diorama bases and so on. It's very realistic, resulting in aftermarket looking terrain, like Verlinden and so many other great brands. It's your own tool for making texture ground that will last you a lifetime.

Check the full review and step by step article on how I painted and weathered the base, which is easy as it gets, on the link below at Michigan Toy Soldier Blog :

https://michtoy-from-the-front.blogspot.com/2019/02/trench-runner-dispatch-julian-conde.html

Some more photos of the article :

Any comments are welcome !
Best
Julian

www.michtoy.com
TUGA
Visit this Community
Setubal, Portugal
entire network: 1,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 562 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2019 - 11:05 AM UTC
Hi,

Thanks for sharing.

Muito bom.
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2019 - 10:52 PM UTC
Do the edges line up, in the event you had some very large area to do??
Jcondemichtoy
Visit this Community
Sao Paulo, Brazil
entire network: 87 Posts
KitMaker Network: 17 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2019 - 01:28 AM UTC
It's so random that you can't notice when the pattern begins to replicate. On the edges same thing, they are random, but the line up should not be hard. You can work in layers, any "joints" just look like damaged cobblestone, even the minor mistakes and uneven areas look accurate.
 _GOTOTOP