_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Bombshell Brew Paints?
CReading
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,726 Posts
KitMaker Network: 558 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 02, 2019 - 04:27 AM UTC
Anyone ordered from Bombshell Brew paints? I sent an email with my order and am waiting for a response with the cost, shipping and paypal info.(as directed on the website) I sent the email on 1/21. I sent a follow up on 1/31. No confirmation of receipt or reply back yet. I've pretty much decided to forget about ordering anything and going elsewhere but I get the impression that it's a small (one man?) operation and maybe should be given the benefit of doubt? Just wondering how long is too long to be waiting for a response?

Cheers,
C.
Robbd01
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 791 Posts
KitMaker Network: 161 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 02, 2019 - 09:46 AM UTC
Never heard of them. Website is a little bit of a challenge at least for me but finally found how much a bottle of paint costs. Under the 'About' it says US$1.69 a bottle. Not bad. Shipping in US not too bad either. I saved the link and if you have a positive ending, I can see myself ordering from them. http://www.bsbrew.net/bombshell-brew.html

Cheers
CReading
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, February 02, 2019 - 11:33 AM UTC
Yeah, I've heard nothing but good stuff about this paint and the price is definitely good. I figured it was a cottage type operation when the ordering is "send your order email and I'll send you a total + shipping cost to your zip code" I am hearing that the guy who owns BSB may be having some medical or family medical issues which may be the reason for the delay in communication. I'll sit tight and hope things are okay with him and he gets his business rolling again sooner than not.
C.
CReading
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2019 - 12:26 PM UTC
Well, I received the following email concerning my inquiry about Bombshell Brew Paints:
"Thank you for contacting Bombshell Brew maker of Bombshell Brew Modeling
Artist Colors!

My sincerest apologies as I am no longer able to provide these
wonderful Modeling Artist Acrylic Colors... however, if you will keep
checking back I am going to turn the BSB website into a blog that I
will use to show everyone how to make their own Acrylic colors for
practically nothing... keep your eyes open... it will take a little
while to get it all ironed out but you will be glad you did.

Thank you,

*Bombshell Brew*"

So the bad news is it's no longer available for purchase.
The good news is he will make all his formulations for the paints available on his website.
Sorry I was too late on finding out about these paints as I have heard that they were very good quality and very inexpensive. I think the owner was overwhelmed with orders and since this was a 'hobby' type job it was competing with his career and family.
Cheers,
C.
 _GOTOTOP