Hosted by Matt Leese
Harder&Steenbeck Infinity
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2019 - 08:51 AM UTC
Looking at buying this brush. Does anyone have an opinion about it?
PRH001
Visit this Community
New Mexico, United States
entire network: 681 Posts
KitMaker Network: 64 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2019 - 01:24 PM UTC
I’ve had one for about 8 years and it’s the brush I use most often. I have the Infinity CR plus version with the .15mm tip and needle and it works as flawlessly today as the day that I got it. Fit and finish are absolutely superb and I’ve had good success when I sprayed Tamiya, Model Master, Vallejo Model Color, Vallejo Model Air through it along with Comart Illustration colors. If thinned properly, the paints all spray well. You can get the brush with a .2mm and a . 4mm setup if you choose. I spray in transparent coats to build up color slowly so I have more control, so I stick with the .15mm tip.

In my opinion, cleaning is very easy as the paint channel is very easy to access when the air cap and nozzle are removed. The tip is easy to handle with your fingers and the rear opening of the tip is large enough to allow access with a paint or interdental brush. The rear handle also comes off much more quickly than any other brush due to a coarse but very well-fitting thread. I can strip the brush for cleaning in about 20 seconds without trying hard. Trigger pull weight is adjustable even with the handle on and the quick fix needle travel regulator, should you use this feature, is the best setup in the airbrush business.

In the 8 years I’ve had and used the brush, I’ve never had to replace a the needle or the tip, but I’m careful with my tools. I don’t baby them, but I don’t throw them around or store then without cleaning.

I’ve heard some people prefer the feel of Iwata triggers, but they are no smoother and the parts are no better made. I believe it’s more of a geometry thing. Personally, I prefer the Infinity trigger over any Iwata trigger except the Micron B V2.

Obviously, airbrush use and feel are are a somewhat personal preferences and you might hate the Infinity when you try it. It is not the equivalent of a Micron when it comes to atomization and work at 3-5 psi, but due to the overall ease of use and cleaning, thoughtful engineering and finish, I would give up any other airbrush I own, including my Microns, before I gave up my Infinity.

Don’t know if this helps you or not, but maybe it will.
Cheers,
Paul H
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2019 - 01:35 PM UTC
Thanks, Paul. Hopefully, I will have another opinion or two, before I commit to purchasing it.
 _GOTOTOP