_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
News
Revell: Revell USA - Status
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 7,772 Posts
KitMaker Network: 802 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2019 - 04:56 AM UTC

I just looked for news about the fate of Revell since the Hobbico bankruptcy but found nothing here at KitMaker, so the following is the latest that I have found. It may be dated but the announcement dates are the latest I found. Interestingly, some molds have been acquired by Atlantis Model Co.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 3,670 Posts
KitMaker Network: 527 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2019 - 06:27 AM UTC
Fred, It doesn't sound promising if the older molds have disappeared into China, but its encouraging if they have gone to Atlantis. Guess I'll hold on to my Revell BOMARC re-issue I bought just before the Hobbico breakup-- It may have some value in the future!! Appreciate you keeping us posted with what you've learned. Guess an American Hobby Icon is really gone.
VR, Russ
md72
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 4,950 Posts
KitMaker Network: 564 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2019 - 06:32 AM UTC
OK, that was a little disconcerting. When I opened the post, there was nothing but white space. I had to scroll down a ways to see the text and the link to the article.

Thanks for the sharing the news, although it's an older story, some of the details were new to me.
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 2,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 134 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2019 - 08:44 AM UTC
I have heard on another site that other than reissuing variants of some of their recent new tools, Revell is going to be leaving the plastic kit game to focus on toys. Basically, the new items in the 2019 catalog will be all we get.
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 2,864 Posts
KitMaker Network: 171 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2019 - 09:33 PM UTC
If there is someone to bring back a lost kit that hasn't seen the light of day in 40 years it'll be Atlantis.
This include the Monogram 1/32 armor line? Or going back further the Aurora 1/48? Including the hybrid Panther kit with the molded zimmerit?

Dare I hope for any 1/40 Revell kits that haven't been seen in 40-50 years?

Or the rest of the Renwal 1/500 ship kits? The Aurora 1/600 ship kits?
 _GOTOTOP