_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Ordered 3D from Mike's MS Productions
amoz02t
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
entire network: 1,383 Posts
KitMaker Network: 29 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2019 - 04:30 PM UTC
Wanted to share that I received the order from Mike Goldberg, Mike's MS Productions created with his desktop 3D printer. These are his 3D computer models printed in a different resin without Shapeways. I am very pleased with the results!

Order placed on Dec 26 and showed up in the mailbox a couple of weeks later. Really appreciate that Mike is great to maintain email status and messages on this website.

Mike packed everything carefully with bubble wrap and foam peanuts.

These parts compare nicely in details with the Shapeways printer. These items are printed in the higher resolution 10mm that Mike offers.

CheyTac M200 Intervention MSP35-034

SINCGARS Radio Set MSP35-025

AN/VRC-111 Radio Set MSP35-073

Modern Communications a reference article by Pete Becerra has info on these radios.
http://armorama.com/features/7761

Have hopes of finishing the SKP M1101/M1102 trailer someday to mate with the 1/35 scale Hardtop that Mike created.

amoz02t
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
entire network: 1,383 Posts
KitMaker Network: 29 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2019 - 05:02 PM UTC
This different, darker 3D print resin that Mike is using to print with seems to create file/sand paper workable parts like similar poured resins. I so far only snipped a sprue to play with sanding and scrapping to better understand the material. This dark 3D resin is not as brittle as Shapeways material, or even Live Resin material. Although the dark 3D resin is still much stiffer than most injection plastic, seems to feel more like Legend casting material as far as I can tell sanding and cutting.

Mike lists his products and gathers ideas at this link here..
http://armorama.com/forums/245315&ord=&page=50

My impression is "Great job Mike"! Wishing Mike a thank you for bringing some rare items to our hobby. I think these offerings will be useful, so give Mike's MS Productions a try with your ideas.
 _GOTOTOP