Place your announcements here please.
really quick service!
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 26, 2004 - 11:35 AM UTC
well as you know last week I sung the praises of lucky model well they've done it again ordered the dragon t-34 on monday night around 19 pm arrivede here this afternoon form hong kong! now thats quick a few UK shops could learn a thing or two from this lot anfd the customs form once again had the shipping cost as the price of the kit no more customs whoooooooo
Augie
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 711 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 06:48 AM UTC
I find that when I've ordered anything from Hong Kong that it always seems to get here faster than if I've ordered it from either the US or Canada, too! Kinda makes you wonder about things. Maybe there's a fairy out there who transports our orders around the world for them!
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 07:17 PM UTC
With all these good words guys you tempt me to dig in there to see if this goes also for shipping in Greece !!!!!!!! Hand me the link please once again if possible !!!!
Thanks ..

ahhh do they take credit card ?
mikeli125
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 08:32 PM UTC
Mjr Goose they ship anywere in the world and they take c/c and paypal you can also see how much the shipping will be before you order, lucky model they just put the price of the shipping on the box and invoice as the price of the kit so it looks alot less than it is to stop nosey customs :-)
Teacher
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,924 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 09:16 PM UTC
Mike, Since I live in The NW UK too, and therefore it would be similiar, can you give some examples of what you've saved? It would be helpful. I've ordered from HLJ and some west coast American firm in the past and the service has always been great but I'm left with the feeling at the end of the day that I haven't really saved a great deal? I don't know whether to always search out the cheapest kit worldwide or just go abroad for the hard to find kits?

Vinnie
mikeli125
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 09:26 PM UTC
vinnie,
saved £15 on the famo tractor unit model shop has it here for £55 kit was £25 and
P&P £15 t-34 by dragon is listed at £35 got it for £12 and £10 P&P once the dragon
kits imported by the old euro supplier have been sold and the prices come down it
will not be worth buying the dragon stuff but for tamiya ect it a fair price I think
Teacher
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 05:04 AM UTC
Thanks Mike, I've taken a look at the site and it gives various options for delivery, surface etc. You said yours was a really quick delivery. Was that just the basic surface or an upgraded service?

Vinnie
mikeli125
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 06:52 AM UTC
vinnie,
that was for airmail delivery between 7-11days
Teacher
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 06:58 AM UTC
Thanks Mike, I'll give it a try. Hopefully the excellent service you received wasn't a one-off. I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks again!

Vinnie
 _GOTOTOP