_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Italeri Sherman Fury accuracy
Invincible
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 148 Posts
KitMaker Network: 25 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 31, 2018 - 09:26 AM UTC
I picked up Italeri's easy eight Sherman a couple days ago, and have plans to make a diorama of it being towed, without tracks, by an M26 dragon wagon. I'm aware the kit isn't the most accurate of WW2 E8s but what can be done to fix it? I've probably got some stuff in the spares box and a few tarps can cover the rest, but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks in advance, and happy new year!
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 1,138 Posts
KitMaker Network: 166 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 03, 2019 - 12:52 PM UTC
The hull is actually from an older release and the engine plate is incorrect for the Easy 8 version. Easy enough to scratch. Other than that it's the usual Italeri quality but an OK rendition apparently. The extra stowage is welcome, even for the spares bin. As an aside, the tanks in the movie were M4A2e8s with postwar tracks and other weird museum mods so it's lucky you aren't building it as the movie tank! Good luck!
Invincible
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 148 Posts
KitMaker Network: 25 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 04, 2019 - 07:23 AM UTC
Thanks! I'll check the spares box, as you never know what surprises it has in store, and I'll crack open the milliput.
Anyhow, considering the current expanse of boxes that is my stash, I'll be lucky if I get the thing built within this millennium.
 _GOTOTOP