_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Tiger Model Leopard II Revolution I Questions
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 2,023 Posts
KitMaker Network: 626 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2018 - 01:51 AM UTC
Morning all,
My long awaited Lucky Models $2 surface shipping finally arrived, only 5 months, talk about the slow boat from China.....
Anyways, one of my selections was Tiger Model's Leopard II, Revolution I. Didn't know anything about it other than I like Tiger Model kits and I like Leopards both 1&2's. The kit itself looks great. I know now after reading the notes that it was a Rheinmetall project to sell upgrades to foriegn governments to upgrade their older A4's.
My questions are: Have any armies purchased the upgrades. If so who? And, has anybody built this kit? If so, any problems or tips?
Thanks much in advance ! And everybody have a GREAT Holiday Season !

Tom
mwells63
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
entire network: 82 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2018 - 12:22 AM UTC
To the best of my knowledge no orders for this particular upgrade have been placed by anyone. It remains to be seen if any do materialise, but by now seems rather unlikely. I've started on the kit building it in drips and drabs over the last few months. I just have to get into it and finally finish the kit. So far, so good. Good fit along with a manageable parts count make it a good choice and should be an impressive and fairly unusual addition to any collection.
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 2,023 Posts
KitMaker Network: 626 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2018 - 06:11 AM UTC
Thanks Mark for your reply. Good to know that it will be a smooth build.
Earlier, I saw that Tiger Models has a Revolution II version. Not going to add this one to the stash.
Have a Happy Holiday Season !
Tom
 _GOTOTOP