_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
Another "Can't Post Photo" Thread
paullm47
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 42 Posts
KitMaker Network: 31 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 - 12:25 PM UTC
I type the text. Below the text box, emojis and the "Ready to Post Your Topic" box is (in small letters) UPLOAD PHOTO(S).I click that and get a whole new screen that says "Kitmaker Gallery and it says " the category you chose for this photo can't contain photos." I don't know anything about Host sites, i don't know how to copy/paste, etc. I should be able to drag the photo from my MAC desktop screen and insert it where i want it. Easy. So why won't it work on this site?
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2018 - 04:40 AM UTC
Well it's 2019 almost so we should have flying cars. But we don't.

The issue with the message "the category you chose for this photo can't contain photos" is because the page you are on in the gallery is not a page you can upload photos to. If you click "My Photos" in the navigation bar area you can upload photos there. Once they are hosted on the gallery you can grab the URL code to embed them in the forums.

I would love to have photo hosting like Facebook has. Sadly I am not Facebook. I am lacking 100's of billions of $$$ and 5000 employees for one.

Cheers,
Jim
paullm47
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2018 - 07:04 AM UTC
Under the call sign there's a box that says "photos". I can't find a "My Photos" tab. I clicked the "photos" box and it took me to that kitmaker page again. On that page, up top i saw a tab that said "My Photos" and way to the right there was an "Upload Photos" tab. I clicked it and it says i have no photos/files to upload. So how do i upload a photo to that page??
165thspc
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
entire network: 9,465 Posts
KitMaker Network: 176 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2018 - 07:25 AM UTC
Paul , I cannot help you with the main question but as to copy and paste . . . .

Select a photo by clicking on it and hit both the "command" and the "C" key (meaning copy) on your Mac. This should copy the image and place it in the computer's "scratch pad" memory. Now navigate to the spot you wish to place the photo. Click on that spot and hit both the "command" and the "V" keys. (Consider that the "V" key is a downward pointing finger that is saying "place the photo here".) End of story.

Remember the "scratch pad" holds only one item at a time. It can be a single photo, a group of photos or a chunk of type out of a text page. Just know the "scratch pad" only holds one item. The instant you copy something else the first thing you copied is gone out of the scratch pad forever.

One additional note: If you wish to delete something: select that item, be it a photo, word or group of words and hit both the "command" key and the "X". This will remove the highlighted item from your screen BUT it also copies it to the "scratch pad" so you have the option of pasting it (command + V) somewhere else. This is very handy for text editing!

I hope this helps in some small way!
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2018 - 09:32 AM UTC
Paul:
When you go to the gallery you may need to sign in using the same details as you used for the website. After signing in you will see a tab called 'my photos', click that and then add your images from the hard drive of your PC to the site.

I hope that helps
paullm47
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2018 - 02:18 PM UTC
Thanks Mike. I have meant to, since retiring for over a year now, to become more tech savvy. My wife and son give me a hard time because i don't know all the tricks and features of my iPhone or my iMac. I'll get better one of these days.
paullm47
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2018 - 02:33 PM UTC
That's the problem Darren. I don't know how to add photos to that page.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2018 - 06:35 PM UTC
Once signed in and looking at your gallery page push the 'select file' tab and then navigate to the image on your PC. Once you have selected all of the images you want to add scroll down the page and there is a tab called 'Upload/Submit', in the belief that your images are not huge files that should be it. If the images are too large in a data way the system will reject them and they will need to be reduced, I cannot guide you on that as there are a lot of products to do it with.

A Jpeg file that is 1200x900 pixels should be in the region of 100 to 150kb
drabslab
Visit this Community
European Union
entire network: 2,186 Posts
KitMaker Network: 263 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 21, 2018 - 01:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well it's 2019 almost so we should have flying cars. But we don't.

The issue with the message "the category you chose for this photo can't contain photos" is because the page you are on in the gallery is not a page you can upload photos to. If you click "My Photos" in the navigation bar area you can upload photos there. Once they are hosted on the gallery you can grab the URL code to embed them in the forums.

I would love to have photo hosting like Facebook has. Sadly I am not Facebook. I am lacking 100's of billions of $$$ and 5000 employees for one.

Cheers,
Jim

First, we do have flying cars today:

Aeromobil

Second, in absence of 100's of billions of $$$ and 5000 employees you may be interested in this:

photo uploader

or this:

foto and file upload

and this:

foto and file upload
 _GOTOTOP