_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Why not?
ArtistaSLO
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 56 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 05:01 PM UTC
Does anyone have any idea why none of the big mfr's make airplanes at 1/35? That might be a nice thing to mix/match with the armor series..
zer0_co0l
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
entire network: 1,432 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 06:42 PM UTC
hiya.

well they make 1:32 planes wich you can mix with 1:35

and revell makes some real 1:35 planes.

Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 08:40 PM UTC
i believe cause some scales are standarised for specific kinds. As 1/32 for airplanes is a classic scale companies wont care to change their molds and all this to turn to 1/35 just to match with armor models. Further more with good difference covering techniques in a dio you can succesfully blend a 1/32 plane with 1/35 armor and figure stuff . But anyway it would be nice. I like very much the fact that i can get 1/35 helos and have them in the exact scale as the armor for my dio's
Jurgen
Visit this Community
Limburg, Belgium
entire network: 651 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 09:14 PM UTC
Probably something to do with costs...
Just think about a C5 Galaxy in 1/35 and the amount of plastic they will need.... #:-)

jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 09:38 PM UTC
1/35th Galaxy? No, a Herc. in 1/35 and some Strykers to go with it....

Seriously, one of the continuing problems in modelling is the lack of common scales. If you need any more evidence of that, ask the ship-modellers they have it REALLY bad..... When I started, in the dim, distant past , the only large scale armor kits were in 1/32nd (not that in those days you could afford them) after that, Tamiya came on the scene and 1/35 became "Standard" , meanwhile of course, in aviation and ships, Revell still continued on its merry way. The most notable aberration had to be the 1/28th scale Fokker Triplane. Only Airfix, were prepared to put in some kind of standard scale...Jim
 _GOTOTOP