Armor kits for sale by poster.
WTTF individual link tracks
mdland58
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 71 Posts
KitMaker Network: 62 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2018 - 12:37 PM UTC
Greetings. I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I have a desire to trade my continuous "vinyl" or "DS" type tracks for individual link tracks or possibly (in some cases) "link-and-length" type tracks. I would like to acquire LTL tracks for PZI, PZ II, PZIII/IV, Panther, Tiger I (early and late), TIGER II, Blitz Maultier, 38t, T34, M1 Abrams, 251 Halftrack, 250 halftrack, Sherman's of various types. I have continuous tracks from these vehicles, and would be able to clarify what tracks my continuous tracks come from if you have an interest to trade your LTLs. I am especially looking for DML 251 early style on the sprue, and for T34 tracks. If you want to contact me here on this forum, or directly at:
[email protected]

and let me know specifically what tracks you want to trade, and I can clarify what tracks I have to satisfy your needs, then we can determine how the trade should unfold. If you just have several sets of unused LTL that you want to sell, this would also be a possibility. If you would rather trade an acceptable group of LTLs for a specific model, let me know what tracks you have and which specific model you desire. Basically, anything is a possibility.
I say thanks in advance for any person that responds to this post. I do not check my email or this forum each day, but every few days is realistic. I look forward to the possibilities.
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 4,691 Posts
KitMaker Network: 668 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2018 - 12:48 PM UTC
We do have a section called the Track Exchange you might want to check out.

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/253381&page=1
mdland58
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2018 - 04:17 PM UTC
Greetings and thanks. I looked at the track spreadsheet, but only noticed two sets that would be of use, the DML Magic Track PZIII/IV, and the Maquette T34. I was hoping perhaps some of the modellers might have multiple sets, which would make a trade more efficient. I have need of, approximately
16 sets of 251/1 tracks
28 sets of Opel Blitz Maultier tracks
14 sets of Tiger I tracks
25 sets of T34 tracks
16 sets of PZIII/IV tracks
11 sets of PZII tracks
6 sets King Tiger tracks
18 sets Panther tracks
6 sets 8t halftrack tracks
9 sets 38t tracks
12 sets Hotchkiss tracks
4 sets PZI tracks
4 sets Russian T35 tracks
9 sets 250/1 tracks
17 sets Sherman tracks
3 sets Grant tracks
11 sets Stuart tracks
4 sets KKrad tracks
3 sets Borgward tracks

The spreadsheet is great for someone looking for one, single specific track set. I am hoping to find people here online who have a greater number of kits and don't really like LTL tracks and want to complete their models with continuous tracks. I am interested in hearing from the two individuals with tracks on the spreadsheet, but hope to find those unique individuals who have several sets and simply don't like LTLs. That is why I made a much broader post here with the hope of catching the attention of those individuals.
Thanks again for any responses to these posts.
Regards, Mark.
[email protected]

GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 4,648 Posts
KitMaker Network: 189 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2018 - 04:49 PM UTC
for 216 models???
mdland58
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2018 - 08:12 PM UTC
Well, over time I have already traded for about 100, so I just keep chipping away at it. Time is on my side. Fortunately, most of the newer release kits already have some form of LTL or LAL tracks, so as my collection grows, the number of tracks I need to trade does not increase proportionally.
Again, thanks to those who respond to my post.
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberDirector of Member Services
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 6,693 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,042 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 09, 2018 - 12:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

for 216 models???

Only 216?!?!?!?!?!
Take it times 16 ........
but not all of them need Pz III/IV tracks
Getting Friul tracks for all of them might overload the shelves ... or crack the concrete floor
/ Robin
mdland58
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Monday, December 10, 2018 - 04:02 PM UTC
Greetings again. Yes, it is approximately 200 models I need to swap continuous tracks for LTL tracks, but most of my kits already have LTL tracks. I really do not aspire to Fruil or metal tracks-I am pretty satisfied with plastic LTLs like Dragon Magic Tracks or other, even more simple, plastic tracks. Not all plastic tracks are perfect, granted, and some require some serious cleanup, but that is, for me, just part of modelling. I have over 5500-6000 kits total, and to buy expensive aftermarket metal tracks would be a hobby in and of itself. Do I have some Fruils and Modelkasten? Absolutely. Do I prefer them over DML Magic Tracks or an inexpensive set of Academy PZIV or Tiger I tracks? Not necessarily. I traded a few sets of Maquette waffle-type T34 tracks lately, and the waffle side was good. They had two nasty ejector pin marks on the opposite side that I had to file off the clean up and make sure the slots were cleaned, but the fit perfectly on a T34 and gave the very most important thing I look for-sag on the top and between return rollers. The detail is important, but the sag makes the model alive. So I am pretty easy to please. I just have seen a lot of guys who don't like prepping and assembling LTLs, and they just like continuous tracks. I am just doing an expansion of the spreadsheet you have here, since I have almost every type of continuous tracks and also NEED almost every type of LTL track. And like I said, I am not very picky, but I do draw the line at Italieri tracks-they are pretty much useless on every level. It is just a simple question of what you have and what you need or want in return. I live with the hope that in some parallel universe, the Bizzaro modelling world, so to speak, there is some guy like me with thousands of models in his collection with DML Magic Tracks, and wants continuous tracks to swap. It's kind of like SETI-the search for intelligent life. I put put a continuous signal for a swap on these tracks, and occassionally I get a response from somebody with four, six, eight sets they either want to trade for continuous tracks or swap for a model or just sell. If you are in that category, I'm your man. This is a hobby. It's all about having fun. Sometimes swapping is as much fun as building. We all like the model buying part-time more than others, obviously. So I approach all of it as fun. Like I said, I'm pretty easy to trade with, but a bit slow sometimes. I retired from my business recently, so I hope I can be a bit more responsive in the future. And, as always, I again thanks all the nice people who respond to my posts.
toadwbg
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
entire network: 27 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 - 01:19 PM UTC
I'm looking for some 1/72 rubber band tracks if you have any. Almost any type will do as this is for a scratchbuilding project.

I did post in the track links forum but havn't gotten any responses

Thanks- Toad
mdland58
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 - 01:40 PM UTC
My sincerest regrets, my friend. I have no 1/72nd scale armor at all. I saw and read your post when I first came online,but unfortunately I have nothing with which I could help you. I wish you success.
 _GOTOTOP