_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: KitMaker USA
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
questions re: non-competitive build blog
alphalimafoxtrot64
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 57 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 - 11:13 PM UTC
Hey there everyone!
I'm a random visitor to Armorama and the Kitmaker network from Virginia. Main reason? My day job gets in the way of modeling!
Anyway, I am trying to do something fun with my teenage nephew, who lives in another state. I bought him a Tamiya 1:35 T-26E3, and I got one as well. Plan to do online process of a build together, sort of to help guide him along and also to share some ideas for him to consider along the way.

With the many options available to folks for sharing digitally these days - I almost thought I'd simply do this on facebook or google - I wondered if there was a non-competitive option for such a thread here, but one that would not generate unwanted "trolling" and off-topic comments.

I know it's alot to ask, but I was just looking for ideas!
Thanks everyone. Be well!
Adam aka alphalimafoxtrot64

Panzer_Modeler
Visit this Community
New Mexico, United States
entire network: 419 Posts
KitMaker Network: 14 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 30, 2020 - 09:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey there everyone!
I'm a random visitor to Armorama and the Kitmaker network from Virginia. Main reason? My day job gets in the way of modeling!
Anyway, I am trying to do something fun with my teenage nephew, who lives in another state. I bought him a Tamiya 1:35 T-26E3, and I got one as well. Plan to do online process of a build together, sort of to help guide him along and also to share some ideas for him to consider along the way.

With the many options available to folks for sharing digitally these days - I almost thought I'd simply do this on facebook or google - I wondered if there was a non-competitive option for such a thread here, but one that would not generate unwanted "trolling" and off-topic comments.

I know it's alot to ask, but I was just looking for ideas!
Thanks everyone. Be well!
Adam aka alphalimafoxtrot64

Hi adam! The campaigns are a very fun and noncompetitive groupbuilds!
phil2015
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 502 Posts
KitMaker Network: 21 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 30, 2020 - 10:13 AM UTC
Hmmm. I'm on old guy and have been in the Internet industry from before it was an industry. I think this forum is about as friendly as you can get online (friendly, helpful, well-informed, non-antagonistic). I think if you started a thread and made it clear what it was and what you'd like by way of input, you'd get nothing but helpful suggestions from folks here.

It sounds like a fun project! I have a great nephew and I'd like to do something like that with him when he gets a little older.
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / España
entire network: 1,288 Posts
KitMaker Network: 337 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 30, 2020 - 10:52 AM UTC
I agree with Phil, just say the kind of input you want and no one should step outside...

And it will be a nice experience to share with others, so go ahead.
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 3,670 Posts
KitMaker Network: 527 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 30, 2020 - 11:26 AM UTC
I agree with all above., I don’t think you’ll have any problems here. However, be sure to use a descriptive title, which explains exactly what you’re doing (sometimes It’s hard to do with the short number of letters allocated for titles here). The reason is, I’ve found folks sometimes forget what the original topic poster was looking for and sometimes go off on tangents away from the topic. This is especially true with nebulous topic titles, and when the posting becomes longer. Just food for thought.
VR, Russ
 _GOTOTOP