_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Figures
Themage
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 44 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 05:23 PM UTC
I am starting work on "The Hulk" model from polar lights and need some tips on filling in the seems where the parts go togoether

also once covered how do i get back the detail from the putty
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
entire network: 6,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,013 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 06:33 PM UTC
welcome to Armorama Themage.I dont know your Hulk figure is plastic,resin or metal but little seems can be filled with CA glue. Bigger ones can be filled with putty .Not to cover the details,you should fill the seems with less amount of putty and it must be a thin layer. You can get the excess putty on the edges of seem witha toothpick and can use a wet brush to shape the putty.
best regards
brandydoguk
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,495 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 12:43 AM UTC
One method of protecting the detail round where you are going to apply the filler is to lay strips of masking tape around and as near to the gap as possible. After applying the filler remove the tape. Then lay some more tape before sanding to avoid removing detail.
ambrose82
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 249 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 05:01 AM UTC
Hi there. I had a very gappy plastic model (Dragon's 1/16 Screaming Eagle). These gaps were huge! I used Super glue to put the model togerther and then I used Testor's grey contour putty thinned with Testors cement for plastic models.

The putty filled the gaps and lay pretty much in line with the contours of the model. It was brushed on so as to follow the lines and shape of the model. I had almost no sanding to do when I was done!
 _GOTOTOP