_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Want to Really Serious about Building...
Neo
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 916 Posts
KitMaker Network: 88 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 - 12:14 PM UTC
On sale...

RDX Mini Machine Combo Package

https://www.wttool.com/index/page/product/product_id/14806/product_name/RDX+Mini+Machine+Combo+Package&update_continue_shopping=true
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 1,517 Posts
KitMaker Network: 309 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 - 12:28 PM UTC
WoW..that's cool stuff !! .... but in my case the right question would be "You seriously want a divorce, lose the house and sleep in the car (if she leave me at least the car) and see your children once every 2 weeks? "....
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 - 01:37 PM UTC
I have a mill and lathe. Unfortunately, they were too expensive to ship from Florida and said dad has not brought them with him. That may be worth a road trip, this Spring.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 7,219 Posts
KitMaker Network: 981 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 - 01:58 PM UTC
I was ready to drop 5K for a lathe in my shop. The problem is, with so many bikes in the garage, and my drill press, media blaster, air compressor, etc. there was no room for it. The solution? Dallas Maker Space. There are Maker Spaces all over the country but Dallas has one of the best I have seen. For only $50/month I have 24/7 access to their lathes, welding apparatus (all types) CNC, wood shop, and several 3D printers. They even have a car lift. I would highly recommend anyone interested in not cluttering up their garage to see if there's one near you.
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 1,517 Posts
KitMaker Network: 309 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 - 02:50 PM UTC
We have also here that kind of association, it's called "Men's Shed"...

http://www.qldmensshed.org/page11996/Home.aspx
Neo
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 916 Posts
KitMaker Network: 88 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 - 04:46 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I was ready to drop 5K for a lathe in my shop. The problem is, with so many bikes in the garage, and my drill press, media blaster, air compressor, etc. there was no room for it. The solution? Dallas Maker Space. There are Maker Spaces all over the country but Dallas has one of the best I have seen. For only $50/month I have 24/7 access to their lathes, welding apparatus (all types) CNC, wood shop, and several 3D printers. They even have a car lift. I would highly recommend anyone interested in not cluttering up their garage to see if there's one near you.

Robert.

Excellent Idea !'
I was not aware of the Maker Space. There's one about 25 mins from my house.
Will definitely be checking it out (WoW - they seem to have everything to build anything).

Please click on the headings below to see photos and details of each area of our MakerSpace…
EElectronics / Arduino / Raspberry Pi / PCB Design
From teaching Soldering to Arduino, to Machine Learning to developing Accessible technology for disabled individuals, electronics is at the core of who we are. No project is too ambitious as we are always working on a custom PCB or two. We have a calendar of scheduled events and classes on topics covering electronics from simple kits all the way to full Robotics programs.

3D Printing & Laser Lab
Having multiple 3D Printers and Laser Cutter-Engravers affords us the ability to do rapid prototyping. The quality of 3D printed parts has improved dramatically in the past few years such that, with the right settings and materials, production quality parts can be produced. Our laser cutters are suitable for detailed engraving and cutting wood and acrylic in material up to 1/4″ thick.

Prusa i3 Mk2 3D Printer

Creality Ender-3 3D Printer (2 of them)

Full Spectrum Laser 45W 12″ x 20″ Laser Cutter/Engraver

Full Spectrum Laser 90W 24″ x 36″ Laser Cutter/Engraver
Crafts/Ceramics
Paints, Clay, Craft sticks, Hot Glue Guns, and Colored Pencils are just a few of the items to be found in our Crafts area. We are also expanding into Ceramics as we have acquired two kilns and over 250 slip casting molds some dating back to the 1920’s.

Large variety of craft tools and materials including Cricut, laminator, label maker, etc.

Comprehensive selection of hand tools and battery powered tools

Paragon A-88B Kiln

Paragon Kiln

250+ Molds
Cosplay/Sewing
We are always looking to expand our Sewing and Cosplay programs to meet local demand. We have several sewing machines including a serger and heavy-duty machine to handle a variety of materials.

Juki Sewing Machine #1

Juki Sewing Machine #2 (industrial)
(need a picture)

Juki Serger
Metal Shop
A Bridgeport mill, cutoff wheel, metal lathe, and various grinders form the core of our metal shop which includes the necessary tools to create metalworking projects.

Bridgeport Mill

Jet Hoist & Gantry

30 gallon Compressor
Welding
A pair of MIG welders (one 220V), plasma cutter, acetylene torch, and grinding wheel provide us the necessary components for small and large welding projects.

110/220 MIG Welder capable of welding mild steel and aluminum

Welding/Cutting Helmets

Plasma Cutter

Acetylene Torch
Wood Shop
Our comprehensive wood shop includes everything you might need to do fine woodworking from decorative items to cabinets and everything in between. With Drum and Oscillating Sanders, Planer & Joiner, Scroll Saw, and Router table, Pocket Hole jig, numerous clamps and jigs and countless other tools, projects can be taken to a fine degree of finish within the shop. Our SawStop Table Saw is the safest table saw on the market as it immediately stops at the slightest detection of skin contact.

SawStop Safety Table Saw

SawStop Expended Blade & Cartridge

Sanding Station and Safety Saw

Chop Saw

Compound Miter Saw

Scroll Saw

Router Table

14-inch Band Saw

Pocket Hole Jig

Particulate Removal System

Central Vacuum System

Variety of Clamps
(awaiting picture)

Drum Sander, Planer, and Wood Lathe
(awaiting picture)

Variety of Jigs
X-Carve CNC / ShopBot CNC Mill
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 7,219 Posts
KitMaker Network: 981 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2018 - 01:21 PM UTC
I'm glad you found it. It looks like one of the better ones.
165thspc
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
entire network: 9,465 Posts
KitMaker Network: 176 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2018 - 01:52 AM UTC
These "MakerSpace" places are a new concept I have never heard of before - amazing!
 _GOTOTOP