_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Lucky Models, any contact recently?
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 2,023 Posts
KitMaker Network: 626 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 09, 2018 - 05:54 AM UTC
I know that there has been some postings about bad experiences with Lucky Models. But, I've always had good luck with them.
Today I am mildly concerned. About 5 weeks ago I took advantage of their $2 surface shipping, a great bargain. I've done this a couple of times and always got my shipment in a couple of months. Long enough time to forget what some of the things I ordered were.

Anyway, I tried to check to see where on the Pacific Ocean my kits were. All I got when I clicked on their site was, "Site not found".
I clicked both the link on my invoice and Googled their web site, clicked and also got, "site not found".
Anybody else check recently? Also, I don't think I've got a sale offer recently.

SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 3,971 Posts
KitMaker Network: 568 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 09, 2018 - 07:24 AM UTC
Site is working for me. I also took advantage of that $2 shipping sale, and got my package last week. I also have been messaging support, as I had a back ordered item, and they just credited my account. So all looks good to me.

RobinNilsson
Staff MemberDirector of Member Services
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 6,693 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,042 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 09, 2018 - 09:51 AM UTC
This link works for me:
http://www.luckymodel.com/

Just in case I need a Type 74:
http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=TAS%2035045

/ Robin
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 12:16 AM UTC
Thanks Kevin & Robin ! I just got off the site a few minutes ago. Maybe it was down so they could update. Anyway, who knows the reason why I couldn't log in.
I did check on the status and it's been held up waiting for a back ordered kit. I really wish they would of notified me.
I gave them options, cancelling the Meng kit and shipping the in stock items, or I selected a couple of other similar priced kits that could be substituted for the Meng kit.

Let's see how Lucky Models' customer service deal with this issue.

Thanks again guys for checking the site!

Tom
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 1,288 Posts
KitMaker Network: 337 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 12:40 AM UTC
for some reason, if I type luckymodel.com on my browser it can not find the site. I have to write the full "www.luckykmodel.com" and then it is fine. Maybe it happened to you as well?
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 08:29 AM UTC
Guys, I think it's a computer problem on my end. A little while ago I tried to open the Fine Scale Models' "product review" and had the same problem. The device is an 8 year old HP Desktop and maybe the end is near.
Thanks for your efforts !
Tom
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2018 - 12:16 AM UTC
Got a quick response from LM. They will substitute a different kit, same cost, of my choice for the backordered Meng kit and ship today. I sure wish that they'd Emailed me and told me about the back order. 5 weeks of waiting for naught
 _GOTOTOP