_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
A GOOD customer service experiance ...
hofpig
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,330 Posts
KitMaker Network: 56 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 03, 2018 - 09:46 PM UTC
About a month ago I purchased a Revell kit from a hobby store and once home(a fair distance away) I found it was missing all but one clear part.

Now I could have taken it back to the shop I had purchased it from, however, I know it was the last one they had, besides between getting the receipt and getting home I lost the receipt. So I had no recourse if I took the kit back(I know it was my fault).

so I thought I'd try to email Revell direct and see what luck I had. Eventually after scouring their various sites, I found an email address to the spaces/ missing pieces dept, however, it was on the German site( I'm in the UK). So I filled out the form online and waited.....

A couple of days later I received an email back from their UK office asking for details of the missing parts, which I supplied by return of email.. Again, the Lady at Revell came back to me the following day to say that she would have to order the parts up from Germany as they don't have parts stock here. I was a little sceptical that I would actually get the parts, but hey, I was willing to use a little faith. I received a letter in the post from Revell, explaining that they were on order and I should receive in 6-8 weeks! Well although this seemed a little long, I considered it was better than having to lose the kit.

So anyway it's now one week since I received the letter and this morning, I received a small package from Germany in the post, the parts had arrived, very quickly. So the moral of this story is, some company's customer service is pretty damn good. Revell's for me was pretty good after all they did not ask me to even prove I had the kit lol.

Paul Anstee
 _GOTOTOP