_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
2018 Model Show pics
ryally
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
entire network: 879 Posts
KitMaker Network: 69 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2018 - 05:19 PM UTC
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 3,670 Posts
KitMaker Network: 527 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 03:43 AM UTC
Wow, pretty incredible show from Down Under!! I'm constantly amazed at the high quality of craftsmanship displayed at these kinds of shows. Anyone who says we are not in the "Golden Age" of modeling is mistaken. Model builders worldwide have gone from some pretty crude plastic kits to an incredible range of genres, and thier skills in engineering and artistry have taken the hobby to never before seen levels of craftsmanship. Thanks for sharing!
VR, Russ
Namabiiru
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 2,888 Posts
KitMaker Network: 489 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 06:14 AM UTC
Everything you photographed is absolutely first-rate. I could never aspire to that level of craftsmanship.

All of those are superb, but the one that really caught my eye was the F-4 with the motion-blur effect base. In the quick second it was on the screen I could feel the motion and believe you took the photo in close formation on a low-level route.

Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
entire network: 2,058 Posts
KitMaker Network: 152 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 06:32 AM UTC
Great show! Thanks for sharing!
ryally
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 09:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Everything you photographed is absolutely first-rate. I could never aspire to that level of craftsmanship.

All of those are superb, but the one that really caught my eye was the F-4 with the motion-blur effect base. In the quick second it was on the screen I could feel the motion and believe you took the photo in close formation on a low-level route.

Yes the base on It was very cool ,even in person it had a great feel
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 1,517 Posts
KitMaker Network: 309 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 11:23 AM UTC
great weekend, I had a lot of fun, I was amazed by both the number and the level of the models exposed ,even the sellers present had a wide selection of products for all branches of modeling,...if my wife finds out how much I have spent she killing me...in your video there is one of my 2 pieces present,the bust of the Shik soldier in WWI towards the end, the other was the FT-17 in 1/72, for me it was the first time both for the QLD Expo and taking part in a competition, I was used to going to the one in Milan that It is at least 6-7 times bigger, beautiful but if you were just for one day it was too dispersive, but here you have more time to chat and enjoy the atmosphere, look at the models in detail, I found it better on a personal level... if I have the chance I'll be there for sure next year too .... thanks for the video and thanks to the organizer for the wonderful work!...

I saw you around photographing I thought you were part of the organization

PS:..a question for the residents ... but in the center of Ipswich there is a curfew? ... I went out on Friday and Saturday for a couple of beers and practically there was only me, myself and I ....

ryally
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 12:03 PM UTC
Glad you had a good time and had a chance to have a drink
No I am not part or QMHE other than putting models in the show each year. I have thought about joining a model club but haven't as of yet, unless you count here as a club
KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
entire network: 4,011 Posts
KitMaker Network: 879 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 12:53 PM UTC
Great! Thank you for sharing your vid of the show.

ryally
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2018 - 10:44 AM UTC
No worries
I like watching other shows from around the world, so thought I would do the same for my local show.
 _GOTOTOP