_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Kit Reviews
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2002 - 12:38 AM UTC
I've been posting a few kit reviews on this site to help Jim's (our) database get bigger. It doesn't take much time and I'm trying to get information out to other modelers who may be interested in various kits. I'm aiming for kits that are semi-popular as well as ones that aren't covered on other sites.

I hope to give you guys a little more than the box top description or online shop description does so you can make a more informed decision on your purchases.
Tin_Can
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 1,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 344 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2002 - 12:56 AM UTC
Thanks Rob I appreciate it. It certainly helps a new armor modeler (like myself) to be able to make an informed decision about a kit instead of forking out the cash and getting dissappointed by a poor kit. Thanks. :-)
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2002 - 01:01 AM UTC
ROB!! one more post and your a Major!

Will have to throw you a party. Of course I could go raise the required number of posts...hahaha

Jim
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2002 - 01:46 AM UTC
Don't be afraid to submit reviews here. I certainly don't have any experience other than my reviews here. I just like to give out a basic description of the kit and whether or not it's worth the money. Of course, some kits are not worth the MSRP, but are well worth sale or clearance prices. For example, Italeri's original Leopard II is not worth the shelf price, but if you find it at less than $10, then go for it. Good airbrush practice for a NATO 3-color scheme.
Posted: Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 12:37 PM UTC
people sometimes take this hobby way too seriously. sure something may be a little off with some kits, but does it really matter in the grand scheme of things. those who know how to fix it may do so, but don't trash a kit for a few minor flaws. could ruin modelling for those up and coming. this should be fun, emphasis on fun. for a while i got out of model building because of all the criticism of kits coming on the market by so-called "experts", but i developed a thick skin and learned to ignore complaints about this and that, and made the kits my own way. yes, people are entitled to their opinions on this great hobby of ours, but please do not ruin it for us fun seekers and future treadheads, squids and cockpit jockeys. thank you for a great forum on the whys and wherefores of this hobby, and let's have fun.

christopher l. streeter- treadhead extraordinaire
powerlogik
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
entire network: 216 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2002 - 08:25 AM UTC
i have to be honsest and say its one of my goals one day to write a review for a site such as this. I love the research side of this hobby but am waiting for my skills to get high enough to feel comfortable to show off a model. Ive only just restarted in the hobby so itll take a little time. Was pondering with the idea for writing something for beginners by a begginner....

ill see how i go.
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2002 - 11:06 AM UTC
Good idea the kit review does not seem to be too many on the Hummer kits or the M-113 fist.
 _GOTOTOP