_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Who should I yell at ?
wolfsix
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 754 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 04:34 PM UTC
HI guys

On the 9th of this month I placed an order with Military Hobbies .com. I paid extra so the order would be here in 3 to 5 days. Its now the 20th of the month, 11 days after I placed the order. Now, with mail/net orders 11 days is not very long, and if I had not paid extra I would not beangry. This past Friday the 19th I sent Military Hobbies an e-mail, requesting help with this problem. I have yet to hear anything.
So my question is this, first has anyone ever had a problem with this company, and second anyone got any advise on what I should due next ?

Thanks
Wolfsix
DRAGONSLAIN
Visit this Community
Distrito Federal, Mexico
entire network: 779 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 05:45 PM UTC
It sucks to wait, I'm still waiting my order from endless hobbies. what happened was that I gave them the wrong E-Mail address(doh!!) but I sent an email now with my actual address, lets see if I finally get my order. What would happen if they charge me money from my credit card and I never get my order?
wolfsix, I do know who you should yell at, but I think he is not listening to you
mj
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 1,331 Posts
KitMaker Network: 334 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 04:19 PM UTC
WolfSix, the guy who runs MilitaryHobbies name is Dave Scheel. I’d give him a call on their toll-free number 1-888-423-5555. I’ve had occasion to contact them, and found them very helpful and eager to rectify any problem. I’ve found their customer service to be second to none.

Mike
dioman
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 485 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 07:49 PM UTC
My advice....don't yell at anyone....yelling at people might get you your kit or figure or parts.....not yelling at them might get you your kit or figure or part plus complimentary items for your patience....has happened to me more than once....try it...you'll be surprised.
wolfsix
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 754 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2004 - 01:41 AM UTC
Hi all

First of all let me say I ment the yelling part only as a figure of speach, I'm to low key to yell. Second, MJ thanks for the phone number I'll give them a call and see if they can help. Guys I'm normally not this impatent but two things. One the delay in getting my order helped put me out of the RMG campaign. Plus I paid for the quick delivery.

Wolfsix
tazz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,462 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2004 - 03:43 AM UTC
i have had trouble with miltaly hobbies also.
just call up dave and ask why is it takeing so long.
DRAGONSLAIN
Visit this Community
Distrito Federal, Mexico
entire network: 779 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2004 - 02:46 PM UTC
OK, finaly today, Wednesday, after 12 days of wait I recieved my order. Mail order stores should worry about this issue, because while at first I was thinking of buying from endlesshobbies.com again, next time I will think twice.
PeaceMaker
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
entire network: 57 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2004 - 03:29 PM UTC
I feel your pain.
I scoured the net looking for a shop that had the DML Rangers '44 for about a week and found them in stock at military hobbies and ordered 2 of them along with another kit on the 6th and paid extra for 2 day shipping so I could get started on them.
To this day, they still haven't arrived. I talked to Dave about a week after the order to make sure there wasn't a mix-up, but they're out of stock.
There customer service is really good, more so than some companies I've dealt with, but.......it's getting very aggrevating with online companies overall with out-of-stock/re-issue items when they tell you it's temporarily out of stock and keep checking every couple of days and it turns out to be a couple of weeks to a month.
yagdpanzer
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 415 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2004 - 03:33 PM UTC
My experience with Military Hobbies was excellent. I paid for the guranteed delivery and the order arrived on the dot. Two small items were left out of the order and as soon as I called them, they overnighted the parts to me.
 _GOTOTOP