Trouble with decals?
US Army bumper numbers 1980s/90s
Rdickenson
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 02:07 PM UTC
Greetings! I just joined and this is my first post. I’m getting back into modeling. I want to build the vehicles from my unit, the 11th ACR. I have an original Tamiya M3 CFV from eBay and a Panda IPM1 on its way. Where can I find 1/35 scale bumper numbers? A large sheet of numbers and letters would be great. Should I make my own? Thanks. Ron
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 3,670 Posts
KitMaker Network: 527 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 02:59 PM UTC
You might want to look at Archer Fine Transfers, or Microscale decals-- they make several sheets of letters and numbers. I'm not sure if anyone makes specific numbers for the 11th Cav (I'm an "alumnus" as well, serving between 76-80 in 2nd Squadron in H Co., F Trp. And HHC). I used a set of old Letraset numbers when I built my F Troop "platoon" vehicles in the early 90s. We went through at least one bumper number change while I was in the Eaglehorse Squadron-- it went from The "2/11th CAV " to V 2/11 ACR with the bumper number on the opposite fender. Don't overlook the Microscale Railroad letters or numbers, they make several styles that will work for military purposes.
----"Allons!"
VR, Russ
Rdickenson
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 03:34 PM UTC
Thank you! I had never thought about model railroad decals. I’ll check the others too. I was 1st Squadron and 511th MI Co. 88 to 90. Allons!
 _GOTOTOP