Local, Regional, or International.
AMPS 2019 International Show Announcement
hetzer44
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 241 Posts
KitMaker Network: 116 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 30, 2018 - 10:40 PM UTC
Yes...I know it's only near the end of July and the AMPS 2019 International Show is about 10 months away, but as we modelers' all know time always gets away from us.

As many of you may already know, the AMPS 2019 International Show will be held at the Adams-Mark Hotel, Buffalo, New York from May 09 - 11, 2019. The Adams-Mark Hotel recently added an additional 100 rooms at the AMPS special show rate as the original block of rooms set aside for the AMPS show have now been booked. Check out the AMPS Homepage and book your room early at the AMPS show rate before they're all gone. You can reserve on-line or by phone, but don't put it off.

The AMPS 2019 International Show theme is "Snow." So, any entry, vehicle, diorama or vignette depicting a winter environment ( i.e., winter camo, non-winter camo but evidence of cold weather). In order to qualify for the AMPS 2019 theme award, a model must have either a camouflage pattern or some type of white-wash on the vehicle showing the crew attempting to blend in with the winter surroundings. Or the model doesn't have to have a winter camouflage pattern, but somehow must convey a winter or cold environment such as snow, slush or icicles present on the vehicle. Figures will also be eligible though the same rules apply; i.e. wearing winter gear or displayed on cold, winter-clad ground. The same requirement applies for dioramas and vignettes.

So, get those theme juices flowing and start planning your entries for the 2019 show.

If you haven't joined AMPS, visit our homepage at amps-armor.org and consider joining and check out the product reviews and see what the ruckus is all about. If you are a member, don't forget to renew your membership.

'Keep cool' and model on..

Chuck Willis
AMPS Public Announcement Officer
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 7,219 Posts
KitMaker Network: 981 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 04:25 AM UTC
Missed Buffalo two years ago. After Niagara Falls it was a choice of NYC via Buffalo, or the long way around through Toronto to get smoked meats. I went with smoked meats. Looks like a good opportunity to make up for it and in the process have some wings the way they are supposed to be made.
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,836 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,121 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 04, 2018 - 06:04 PM UTC
Hope you make it up Rob, love to show you around the city. On a side note, the wings from Anchor Bar, birthplace of the wing...they suck. There are others.

Do you have entry ideas yet, I'm thinking 10th Mountain Div. The base is like 4 hours away.

Happy Modeling,
Joe
Herchealer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 1,523 Posts
KitMaker Network: 626 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2018 - 01:45 PM UTC
Well I just might have to make this journey. I know a couple of good people in the Buffalo area.

:)
Herky
 _GOTOTOP