_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Chieftain Mk 5 at BATUS
Watcher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 9 Posts
KitMaker Network: 9 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 10:27 PM UTC
Next up out of my stash is my Takom Cheiftain Mk 5. Iplan to finish it in the BATUS scheme. I know that the markings in the kit are for a Mk 11 so I'll need to work out my own. I don't have a particular example to follow although I have searched the references available to me. Couple of questions then please. Is the green/sand colour scheme a standard or was it made up on the tank park? Either way that works for me! Secondly the call sign marking. Can anyone help me with an example net diagramme so I can work out a marking.

TIA

Matthew
RLlockie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 1,112 Posts
KitMaker Network: 126 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2018 - 12:51 AM UTC
I very much doubt that the Tamiya kit (a Mk 3, regardless of what the box says) contains markings for a Mk 11 as the 11 didn’t exist when the kit was released. The same ERM may be seen on a vehicle later rebuilt as an 11 though.

Somewhere I have an explanation of the callsign and zap numbers but I’m on holiday so don’t have it with me, oddly. Likewise my pics of BATUS wagons although I doubt that the scheme was precisely standardised beyond general principles. I’d expect the colours to be standard BS ones although BATUS veterans may have more on that.
Watcher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 9 Posts
KitMaker Network: 9 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2018 - 05:16 AM UTC
Robert,

Thanks for this. If you have the callsigns when you get back that would be great but don't panic. Have a good holiday!

Matthew
 _GOTOTOP